- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: a hot German sandwich with Vegetable chips.
- Warm Springs Tribal Council is in session today. On the Agenda this morning: An update on Indian Health Service Modernization, Century Link Right of Way update and Tribal Court Assessment. This afternoon – the Sacred Food Project and HUD 184 Lending.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. The next intake clinic is today 1:30-3:30pm the Community Action Team office. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an education award for participants. The next information session is tomorrow in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at heart of Oregon dot org. (www.heartoforegon.org)
The final Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event of the year is tomorrow 5-7pm. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras September 5th from 5-9pm.
“In A Landscape,” a Hunter Noack concert will take place tomorrow at 5:30, in the open at the end of the County Line Road. Tribal members can get free tickets online. Go to KWSO dot org and click on “In a Landscape.” If you do not have online access – visit the Warm Springs Community Action Team or Warm Springs Library and they can help. (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/in-a-landscape-warm-springs-reservation-530pm-thu-95-tickets-60273466561)
The Art Adventure Gallery in downtown Madras will continue to host the All Jefferson County Exhibit with a reception this Thursday evening from 5:30-7. All are welcome to stop in.
There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis and her medical expenses. This Saturday and Sunday at the Warm Springs Community Center. Age divisions are 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 grades. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. All money raised will help with Rylan’s medical and travel expenses. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney – they have a limited number of shirts, so early registration is encouraged.
3 Warriors Market in Simnasho has moved to their fall and winter hours. Monday thru Thursday the are open 7am – 7pm. Friday’s hours are 7am – 6pm. On the weekend – 3 Warriors is open 8am – 6pm.
The Madras High School Girls Basketball Team is selling apples for a fundraiser. You can pre-order apples for pick up on September 13th. The Oregon grown apples are $25/box. Order from coach Say or coach David. Apples can be canned, used for baking or frozen.
The Annual MAC Dash is coming up September 14th at the Madras Aquatic Center. The deadline to register is September 8th. All proceeds from the event go to In-water programs for the MAC. There is also a Middle MAC Dash for kids 11-14 and a mini-MAC Dash for children 10 and under – both kids events are free but registration is still required. Visit MAC Rec District dot com to sign up. https://www.macrecdistrict.com/mac-dash/