It’s October 13th and there are 171 days left until the 2020 census begins – the Warm Springs Complete Count Committee reminds you that the Census is now hiring. Learn more about census jobs at 2020 census dot gov slash jobs (https://2020census.gov/en/jobs).
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today after services. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
Rez Fest is Saturday November 2rd at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors open at 5 and the show starts at 5:30. This is an Alcohol & Drug Free Event. Performances by Warm Springs own Damage Overdose plus ethnic de generation from Kayenta Arizona Guardians from Sells Arizona, Bloodline from Gallup New Mexico, Justin Sayne N8v from Takilma Oregon – and Eagle Thunder will be there too. There is a fee for admission. All ages are welcome.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center this Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
A thunderstorm event on August 10th this year caused flash flooding that may have washed out livestock fence. Producers suffering sever fence damage due to this storm event may be eligible for assistance under the USDA Emergency Conservation Program. To request assistance contact the Central Oregon FSA office at 541-923-4358. Sign up is October 1st thru October 30th.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs this Wednesday of every month at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- It’s Team Trivia Night Wednesday evening at 7pm at Wild Winds Station in Madras. This is a fundraiser for Jefferson County Relay for Life with a pay in fee for each team member. They will also be doing a 50/50.
- The Madras Wrestling Club will be holding sign-ups today from 4-6pm at the Jefferson County Middle School. Practices for Kindergarten and 1st grade will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-6pm in the Jefferson County Middle School wrestling room with the first practice being on October 29th. Practices for 2nd through 8th Grade will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7pm in the Madras High School wrestling room. The Cost for Registration is $55 for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and $70 for 2nd through 8th Registration includes your USA Wrestling Card and a Madras Wrestling T-Shirt.
Warm Springs Sanitation Landfill hours are 7am until 130 pm.. after that gates are locked. After 1:30 everyone is asked to use a transfer station. Please do not do illegal dumping outside the landfill. Also – Tires and Batteries are no longer accepted. If you have questions about the landfill – contact the Tribal Sanitarian at (541) 553-4943.