The 2020 Census begins April 1st. The Census is now hiring. You can learn more online at 2020census.gov/jobs
Starting today the Water and Wastewater Division of the Public Utilities Branch will be working alongside the GELCO contractor to finish the replacement and upgrade of the pressure reducing valves on the agency water system main lines. This work will be done at the George Street pressure reducing valve vault, the Kah-Nee-Ta vault and the South East vault (nearby the tribal administration building). The work is anticipated to take about three to four days. Reservoirs are being filled however there could be limited outages and residents are being notified. If you have any questions, call (541) 553-3246.
It’s a late start Monday for Jefferson County 509J schools. That means the school day starts 90 minutes later than usual.
- Tribal Council is in session today and on their agenda is an update from the Secretary Treasuer/COO, a look at the November Agenda & Travel plus a review of minutes. There is the EPA monthly leadership meeting, a legislative update call, enrollments and a Warm Springs Community Action Team Commissary Project Update
- Senior Fitness class is today at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat a meal after – today they are having Chicken Shepards Pie w/bread.
- Functional Fitness Class is today at noon in the Community Center Aerobics Room. Just a reminder that Fusion Fitness Class is Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6am at the Community Center.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- The Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents is today from 1pm-4pm on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This is the beginning of a new session and they will be doing an orientation and Getting started. Classes will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays. The Next class is Monday Oct 28th.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- At the Behavioral Health Center today: Women’s Talking Circle from 2pm-3pm, Adolescent Substance abuse education from 4pm-5pm and Aftercare Continuing Care from 5:30pm-6:30pm
- The Jefferson County Democrats will hold their monthly meeting Today at 6pm. It will be held in the community room at the Madras United Methodist church at 49 NE 12th Street in Madras. Guest speaker will be Oregon State Representative Daniel Bonham. Any person wanting to write postcards to elected representatives can do so on the day of the meeting in the community room, starting at 5pm.
The IIM or Individual Indian Money office for the Bureau of Indian affairs Warm Springs Agency is closed. If you need assistance – you can call the Trust Beneficiary Center at 888-678-6836 or call Kevin Moore at the Umatilla Agency at 541-278-3786.
Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
Warm Springs Eagle Cross Country is at Juniper Hills tomorrow for a meet.
The Jefferson County School District 509J is holding Community Engagement Sessions this week. Tomorrow they will meet at 5:30 in the Madras High School Commons and then Wednesday they will meet in Warm Springs at 5:30 in the K thru 8 Academy cafeteria.
10/22 There is a Victim Impact Panel Tomorrow October 22 from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
Become a SMART Reader. SMART stands for “start making a reader today” and is a volunteer program that pairs readers with 1st grade students in Warm Springs – On Thursdays from 4-5pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy afterschool 21st Century Learning Program. If you are interested – call 541-797-7726.