The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Earn extra income while helping your community learn about census jobs online at 2020census.gov/jobs
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today after services. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tomorrow – the Water and Wastewater Division of the Public Utilities Branch will be working alongside the GELCO contractor to finish the replacement and upgrade of the pressure reducing valves on the agency water system main lines. This work will be done at the George Street pressure reducing valve vault, the Kah-Nee-Ta vault and the South East vault (nearby the tribal administration building). The work is anticipated to take about three to four days. Reservoirs are being filled however there could be limited outages and residents are being notified. If you have any questions, call (541) 553-3246.The Jefferson
- County Democrats will hold their monthly meeting tomorrow at 6pm. It will be held in the community room at the Madras United Methodist church at 49 NE 12th Street in Madras. Guest speaker will be Oregon State Representative Daniel Bonham. Any person wanting to write postcards to elected representatives can do so on the day of the meeting in the community room, starting at 5pm.
- The Jefferson County School District 509J is holding Community Engagement Sessions this month. On Tuesday the 22nd they will meet at 5:30 in the Madras High School Commons and then on Wednesday the 23rd they will meet in Warm Springs at 5:30 in the K thru 8 Academy cafeteria.
The IIM or Individual Indian Money office for the Bureau of Indian affairs Warm Springs Agency is closed. If you need assistance – you can call the Trust Beneficiary Center at 888-678-6836 or call Kevin Moore at the Umatilla Agency at 541-278-3786.
Become a SMART Reader. SMART stands for “start making a reader today” and is a volunteer program that pairs readers with 1st grade students in Warm Springs – On Thursdays from 4-5pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy afterschool 21st Century Learning Program. If you are interested – call 541-797-7726.
Rez Fest is Saturday November 2rd at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors open at 5 and the show starts at 5:30. This is an Alcohol & Drug Free Event. Performances by Warm Springs own Damage Overdose plus ethnic de generation from Kayenta Arizona Guardians from Sells Arizona, Bloodline from Gallup New Mexico, Justin Sayne N8v from Takilma Oregon – and Eagle Thunder will be there too. There is a fee for admission. All ages are welcome.
Warm Springs Tribal and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the annual Health Benefits Meetings on November 5th and 6th at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am to 4pm There will be 2 sessions each day – 9am – 10:30 and 2 – 2:30pm.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs proposed 2020 Tribal Budget is now posted at the Tribal Administration Building, Warm Springs Market, Indian Health Services, Agency Longhouse, Three Warriors Market, Sidwalter Fire Hall, Simnasho Longhouse, Seekseequa Fire Hall and online at the Tribal Member Portal. To view the budget information online in the Tribal Member Portal go to “Finance” then “Annual Budget”. The Seekseequa District Meeting on the 2020 Budget is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday October 29th at the Seekseequa Fire Hall. Dinner is at 6pm and the meeting follows at 7. The Simnasho District Meeting is October 30th at the Simnasho Longhouse at 7. The Agency District Meeting is November 5th at the Agency Longhouse at 6.
Warm Springs Sanitation Landfill hours are 7am until 130 pm.. after that gates are locked. After 1:30 everyone is asked to use a transfer station. Please do not do illegal dumping outside the landfill. Also – Tires and Batteries are no longer accepted. If you have questions about the landfill – contact the Tribal Sanitarian at (541) 553-4943.
The next Warm Springs Community Action Team Indianpreneurship Class will be held on 2 consecutive Saturdays al day – November 2nd and 9th. If you are interested in starting or growing a small business – this class is for you. Contact the Community Action Team to sign up.