- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- There is a Community Baby Shower today from 11-2:00 at the Madras Performing Arts Center. It’s free for expectant families and families of newborns 0 to 3 months old. There will be free gift bags, raffle prizes, giveaways, food, games, pampering services and photos.
- The Jefferson County Cowdeo is today at 10am at the Fair Complex in Madras. Events include Sheep Riding, Calf Riding, Cow Riding, Goat Tail Un-decorating, Barrels, Scurry Race, Horseless Calf Ropin’, Breakaway Roping, Flag Race, Critter Scramble & Stick Horse Race.
- This coming Monday – Water and Wastewater Division of the Public Utilities Branch will be working alongside the GELCO contractor to finish the replacement and upgrade of the pressure reducing valves on the agency water system main lines. This work will be done at the George Street pressure reducing valve vault, the Kah-Nee-Ta vault and the South East vault (nearby the tribal administration building). The work is anticipated to take about three to four days. Reservoirs are being filled however there could be limited outages and residents are being notified. If you have any questions, call (541) 553-3246.
- The Jefferson County Democrats will hold their monthly meeting this coming Monday at 6pm. It will be held in the community room at the Madras United Methodist church at 49 NE 12th Street in Madras. Guest speaker will be Oregon State Representative Daniel Bonham. Any person wanting to write postcards to elected representatives can do so on the day of the meeting in the community room, starting at 5pm.
The Jefferson County School District 509J is holding Community Engagement Sessions this month. On Tuesday the 22nd they will meet at 5:30 in the Madras High School Commons and then on Wednesday the 23rd they will meet in Warm Springs at 5:30 in the K thru 8 Academy cafeteria.
3 Warriors Market in Simnasho has moved to their fall and winter hours. Monday thru Thursday they are open 7am – 7pm. Friday’s hours are 7 – 6. On the weekend – 3 Warriors is open 8 – 6.
Warm Springs Tribal and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the annual Health Benefits Meetings on November 5th and 6th at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am to 4pm There will be 2 sessions each day – 9am – 10:30 and 2 – 3:30pm.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
Work on the Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project continues. Community members are reminded that Sunnyside Drive is closed from Tmsh Street to Salmon Drive. Work is expected to be completed November 8th.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Everyone should plan on participating so our community has an accurate count of who lives here. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages your participation in the 2020 census.
The Red Lake Costume Run for the Health of It – is Sunday October 27th in Simnasho. It’s a 15 mile team relay run, a 5K Run/Walk and a 1 mile fun run/walk. Registration opens at 7:30am with start time at 8:30. This is a Drug, Alcohol & Tobacco Free Event and there is no cost to participate. In addition to the races there will be a costume contest, snacks, water, prizes, & t-shirts for participants while supplies last. For more details talk to Jay Suppah or Jaylyn Suppah.
It’s the Spooky Indian Night Out and Drummerz Jam Session on Monday October 28th at the Warm Springs Community Center. Get your Clown Dance outfit together for the big contest. There will be a potluck dinner at 5:30 and the Powwow will follow at 6:30. All Drummers, Dancers, Clowns and Community Members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Mom Dad and Baby Group is having a Halloween Party on Wednesday October 30th from 2:30-4. They will have a special art activity and treats!