- A BOIL WATER NOTICE has been issued due to loss of pressure in the Agency Water System. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth, and preparing food until further notice. The boil water notice is a precautionary measure to provide safe drinking water for all those affected. It is estimated that the order will be in place at least through next Wednesday.
- Drinking Water Distribution is being coordinated by Warm Springs Emergency Management. The distribution center is open at the Old Warm Springs Elementary Library weekdays 7am – 6pm and weekends 10am – 3pm until the Boil Water Notice is lifted.
- Warm Springs ECE will be closed for children younger than 3 years old as well as for school age youth until the boil water notice has been lifted. B Pod classrooms will operate. Contact ECE at 541-553-3242 if you have any questions.
- As a reminder, the water is still safe to use for flushing toilets and showering.
- The Stone Setting and Memorial for Deleena “Sweetheart” Frank-Stevens is this morning at the Agency Cemetery. The stone unveiling is at 9am. A Giveaway and Meal will follow at the Simnasho Longhouse.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Tales of Hallow’s Eve returns to the High Desert Museum this evening from 6-8pm. There will be crafts and games for Families with young children plus pumpkin ice cream making and holiday themed storytelling. Individual tickets for Tales of Hallow’s Eve at the High Desert Museum in Bend are $10, children 2 years old and younger are free. Tickets are available in advance at High Desert Museum
- The Red Lake Costume Run for the Health of It – is tomorrow in Simnasho. It’s a 15 mile team relay run, a 5K Run/Walk and a 1 mile fun run/walk. Registration opens at 7:30am with start time at 8:30. This is a Drug, Alcohol & Tobacco Free Event and there is no cost to participate.
- It’s the Spooky Indian Night Out and Drummerz Jam Session on Monday at the Warm Springs Community Center. Get your Clown Dance outfit together for the big contest. There will be a potluck dinner at 5:30 and the Powwow will follow at 6:30. All Drummers, Dancers, Clowns and Community Members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Mom Dad and Baby Group is having a Halloween Party on Wednesday from 2:30-4. They will have a special art activity and treats!
- ON THURSDAY – The Senior Program is hosting a Halloween Senior Party on Halloween at noon at the Senior Building. There will be a Costume Contest for Scariest, Most Original, Funniest and Best Dressed Male and Female Costumes.
- Warm Springs Recreation is hosting a “Spooky Ookie Addams Family Style Kookie Halloween” on Thursday. The Employee Costume Contest is 11:45-12:45 in the Social Hall. The Trunk or Treat is 4-6pm behind the Center. The Halloween Carnival is 6-8:30pm in the Gym.
- There is a Halloween Dance Event at the Jefferson Country Senior Center Thursday from 5:30-8:30. This is sponsored by the Jefferson County Disability Advisory Committee
- WS Fire Management Presents: HAUNTED WAREHOUSE on Wednesday and Thursday in the Forestry Warehouse from 6pm-9pm. The Cost is $5 for Ages 13 and older and $3 for 12 and under. Proceeds go towards travel costs for Albert Charlie and Rylan Davis for medical appointments.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Everyone should plan on participating so our community has an accurate count of who lives here. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages your participation in the 2020 census.