- A BOIL WATER NOTICE has been issued due to loss of pressure in the Agency Water System. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth, and preparing food until further notice. The boil water notice is a precautionary measure to provide safe drinking water for all those affected. It is estimated that the order will be in place at least through next Wednesday.
- Drinking Water Distribution is being coordinated by Warm Springs Emergency Management. The distribution center is open at the Old Warm Springs Elementary Library weekdays 7am – 6pm and weekends 10am – 3pm until the Boil Water Notice is lifted.
- Warm Springs ECE will be closed for children younger than 3 years old as well as for school age youth until the boil water notice has been lifted. B Pod classrooms will operate. Contact ECE at 541-553-3242 if you have any questions.
- As a reminder, the water is still safe to use for flushing toilets and showering.
- The Red Lake Costume Run for the Health of It – is this morning in Simnasho. It’s a 15 mile team relay run, a 5K Run/Walk and a 1 mile fun run/walk. Registration opens at 7:30am with start time at 8:30. This is a Drug, Alcohol & Tobacco Free Event and there is no cost to participate.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today after services. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
Halloween Happenings this week –
- It’s the Spooky Indian Night Out and Drummerz Jam Session tomorrow evening at the Warm Springs Community Center. Get your Clown Dance outfit together for the big contest. There will be a potluck dinner at 5:30 and the Powwow will follow at 6:30. All Drummers, Dancers, Clowns and Community Members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Mom Dad and Baby Group is having a Halloween Party on Wednesday from 2:30-4. They will have a special art activity and treats!
- THURSDAY: The Senior Program is hosting a Halloween Senior Party on Halloween at noon at the Senior Building. There will be a Costume Contest for Scariest, Most Original, Funniest and Best Dressed Male and Female Costumes.
- Warm Springs Recreation is hosting a “Spooky Ookie Addams Family Style Kookie Halloween” on Thursday. The Employee Costume Contest is 11:45-12:45 in the Social Hall. The Trunk or Treat is 4-6pm behind the Center. The Halloween Carnival is 6-8:30pm in the Gym.
- There is a Halloween Dance Event at the Jefferson Country Senior Center Thursday from 5:30-8:30. This is sponsored by the Jefferson County Disability Advisory Committee
- WS Fire Management Presents: HAUNTED WAREHOUSE on Wednesday and Thursday in the Forestry Warehouse from 6pm-9pm. The Cost is $5 for Ages 13 and older and $3 for 12 and under. Proceeds go towards travel costs for Albert Charlie and Rylan Davis for medical appointments.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
The IIM or Individual Indian Money office for the Bureau of Indian affairs Warm Springs Agency is closed. If you need assistance – you can call the Trust Beneficiary Center at 888-678-6836 or call Kevin Moore at the Umatilla Agency at 541-278-3786.
Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
Students in need of school supplies can pick some up at the Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center. Basic supplies are available to students during the library’s regular business hours.