- A BOIL WATER NOTICE has been issued due to loss of pressure in the Agency Water System. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth, and preparing food until further notice. The boil water notice is a precautionary measure to provide safe drinking water for all those affected. It is estimated that the order will be in place at least through this Wednesday, October 30th..
- Drinking Water Distribution is being coordinated by Warm Springs Emergency Management. The distribution center is open at the Old Warm Springs Elementary Library weekdays 7am – 6pm and weekends 10am – 3pm until the Boil Water Notice is lifted.
- Warm Springs ECE will be closed for children younger than 3 years old as well as for school age youth until the boil water notice has been lifted. Head Start classrooms will operate. Contact ECE at 541-553-3242 if you have any questions.
- As a reminder, the water is still safe to use for flushing toilets and showering. There will not be any porta-potties or showers setup at this time.
- No jury duty on October 30th & 31st.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will be at the Community Action team office today from 10am – 12pm. Walk Ins are welcome or you may arrange an appointment by calling 1-800-546-0534 or 503-223-9483.
- Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
- Functional Fitness Class is in the Community Center Social Hall at lunchtime today.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Chicken Dumplings w/biscuits. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- At the Behavioral Health Center today: Alcoholics Anonymous from noon to 1pm, Relapse Prevention from noon to 1pm, Men’s Group from 1pm-2:30pm, and Adult Alcohol & Drug Education from 3:30pm-4:30pm
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Seekseequa District Meeting on the 2020 Budget is tentatively scheduled for today at the Seekseequa Fire Hall. Dinner is at 6pm and the meeting follows at 7. The Simnasho District Meeting is tomorrow at the Simnasho Longhouse at 7. The Agency District Meeting is November 5th at the Agency Longhouse at 6.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
A thunderstorm event on August 10th this year caused flash flooding that may have washed out livestock fence. Producers suffering sever fence damage due to this storm event may be eligible for assistance under the USDA Emergency Conservation Program. To request assistance contact the Central Oregon FSA office at 541-923-4358. Sign up is October 1st thru October 30th.
In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
Warm Springs Tribal and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the annual Health Benefits Meetings on November 5th and 6th at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am to 4pm There will be 2 sessions each day – 9am – 10:30 and 2 – 2:30pm.
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
The Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents is tomorrow from 1pm-4pm on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This session will be going over: Nutrition. Classes will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays. The Next class is Monday Nov 4th. Keep in mind that if you haven’t attended any session prior to day, you will not be able to join afterwards.
Mom Dad and Baby Group is having a Halloween Party on Tomorrow from 2:30-4. They will have a special art activity and treats!
A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate comes to Warm Springs on the third Wednesday of every month at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
The next Warm Springs Community Action Team Indianpreneurship Class will be held on 2 consecutive Saturdays all day – November 2nd and 9th. If you are interested in starting or growing a small business – this class is for you. Contact the Community Action Team to sign up.
Students in need of school supplies can pick some up at the Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center. Basic supplies are available to students during the library’s regular business hours.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Earn extra income while helping your community learn about census jobs online at 2020 census