Community Calendar for Wednesday October 16, 2019
- A Reminder that electricity on Tmsh street in Sunnyside will be out from approximately 9am-3pm today. This is a coordinated outage with Pacific Power to resolve a conflict and safety issue that was discovered during road work and construction.
- Tribal Council is in Session today, on their Agenda is: Civil Rights Training, Tribal Council Priorities and a discussion about the Secretary Treasurer and Chief Operations Officer positions. A highway 26 Safety Corridor Update from ODOT and a Broadband Discussion with Warm Springs Telecom.
- Senior Fitness class is today at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: Chicken Pesto Salad.
- Functional Fitness Class is today at noon in the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- Warm Springs Victims of Crime Services invites everyone to joing them for a Walk today at noon starting at the VOCSs office with a walk around campus. They will have fruit and water for walkers. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- The Papalaxsimisha Program is hosting an Oregon Department of Education Civil Rights Training today at the Greeley Heights Community Building with 2 sessions open to the public. Session 1 is from noon until 1:30 with lunch provided. Session 2 is 5:30 to 7 with dinner provided. Child care will also be available. Contact Jaylyn Suppah to learn more at 541-615-0144.
- Warm Springs MCH is collaborating with the Family Preservation Program today from noon to 1 at the Family Resource Center for an Adult Baby Doll Circle Time. This is a parenting class that focuses on conscious discipline parenting techniques including how to calm your infant, show affection and have positive daily interactions.
- The Madras High School Native American Student Union is having their meeting after school today from 3:15-5pm. The Meeting will be held in Mr. Jones classroom. For More information contact Gordon Scott at 503-347-5778.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has also has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- It’s Team Trivia Night tonight at 7pm at Wild Winds Station in Madras. This is a fundraiser for Jefferson County Relay for Life with a pay in fee for each team member. They will also be doing a 50/50.
The Great Oregon ShakeOut earthquake drill, the world’s largest earthquake drill, takes place tomorrow at 10:17am. More than 600,000 Oregonians are already registered. Great ShakeOut earthquake drills are an opportunity to practice how to be safer during earthquakes by knowing how to “drop, cover and hold on”. Learn more at shakeout.org to participate and be counted.
Warm Springs Tribal and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the annual Health Benefits Meetings on November 5th and 6th at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am to 4pm There will be 2 sessions each day – 9am – 10:30 and 2 – 2:30pm.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will be at the Community Action team office tomorrow from 10am – 12pm. Walk Ins are welcome or you may arrange an appointment by calling 1-800-546-0534 or 503-223-9483.
- Warm Springs Community Health will be holding a flu shot clinic at Early Childhood Education Tomorrow during pick up time between 3 and 5:30pm.
Warm Springs Sanitation Landfill hours are 7am until 130 pm.. after that gates are locked. After 1:30 everyone is asked to use a transfer station. Please do not do illegal dumping outside the landfill. Also – Tires and Batteries are no longer accepted. If you have questions about the landfill – contact the Tribal Sanitarian at (541) 553-4943.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs proposed 2020 Tribal Budget is now posted at the Tribal Administration Building, Warm Springs Market, Indian Health Services, Agency Longhouse, Three Warriors Market, Sidwalter Fire Hall, Simnasho Longhouse, Seekseequa Fire Hall and online at the Tribal Member Portal. To view the budget information online in the Tribal Member Portal go to “Finance” then “Annual Budget”. District budget meetings will be scheduled.
There are 168 days left until the 2020 Census begins. The Census is now hiring. You can learn more online at 2020census.gov/jobs
KWSO’s Community Calendar is read throughout the day every day. The Calendar is also online at KWSO.ORG – click on the “News & Information” Tab.