Funeral Arrangements for Cori Yahtin
- Overnight Services were held last night at the Simnasho Longhouse
- Burial is this morning at 8am at the Simnasho Cemetery
- The Boil Water Order for the Warm Springs Agency Water System has been lifted.
- The Warm Springs Community Action Team is hosting a 2 part Indianpreneurship Class today and next Saturday at their office on campus.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- The unofficial state championships for teams in the 1A – 6 man football pilot classification is today at Madras High School. The game schedule includes a 10am contest with Echo vs. Gilchrist, a 1pm kickoff featuring- Dayville/Monument vs. Sherman. At 4pm its Triangle Lake vs. Prarie City and at 7 – the South Wasco County Redsides take on Joseph in the Championship game.
- Rez Fest is tonight at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors open at 5 and the show starts at 5:30. This is an Alcohol & Drug Free Event. Performances by Warm Springs own Damage Overdose plus ethnic de generation, Justin Sayne N8v, Nuckchorris – and Eagle Thunder who will start the show with a Metal Grand Entry. Folks are invited to dance. There is a fee for admission. All ages are welcome.
- There is a temporary warming shelter open 7pm – 7am at the old Warm Springs Elementary through the weekend due to anticipated below freezing temperatures. Enter on the Old Boys Dorm side of the old school. Capacity is limited.
Daylight Savings Time ends this weekend. You should turn your clocks back and hour either before you go to sleep tonight or when you wake up tomorrow morning. Time changes at 2am Sunday Morning.
The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting this coming Monday at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Employees and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the Annual Health Benefits meetings being help this Tuesday and Wednesday at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am – 4pm.
- The Agency District Budget Meeting is Tuesday at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 5 with the meeting to follow at 6pm.
- The Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center will hold a Lunch and Learn activity which will cover high blood pressure care and prevention this coming Thursday at noon at IHS. The topics will include, the signs symptoms and causes of high blood pressure, how to work with your physician to get a proper diagnosis, the benefits of self-monitoring and Treatment Options. Lunch will be provided.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class on Thursday from 2pm-4pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at HIS. If you have any questions contact 541-553-1196.
- The Madras High School Music Department is holding a concert in honor of our veterans on Thursday November 7th in the Madras Performing Arts Center at 7pm. WE ARE ONE: Features the Madras High Symphonic Band and Chamber Choir. All are welcome, there will be reserved seating for veterans. A $10 donation is suggested at the door or a donation of 3 canned food items
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Everyone should plan on participating so our community has an accurate count of who lives here. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages your participation in the 2020 census.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
The IIM or Individual Indian Money office for the Bureau of Indian affairs Warm Springs Agency is closed. If you need assistance – you can call the Trust Beneficiary Center at 888-678-6836 or call Kevin Moore at the Umatilla Agency at 541-278-3786.