The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Earn extra income while helping your community learn about census jobs online at 2020 census dot jobs slash jobs (https://2020census.gov/en/jobs
- Daylight Savings Time ended at 2am this morning – so if you didn’t turn your clocks back an hour before you went to sleep last night – then you should turn it back an hour this morning.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today after services. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting tomorrow at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- Warm Springs Community Center Hours are Mondays & Wednesdays – 8am-8pm with ladies night basketball, Tuesdays & Thursdays- 8am- 9 pm with men’s IBA & Fridays- hours are 8am- 5pm.
- Warm Springs Tribal and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the annual Health Benefits Meetings this Tuesday and Wednesday at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am to 4pm There will be 2 sessions each day – 9am – 10:30 and 2 – 2:30pm.
- Warm Springs Community Health will be holding a flu shot clinic during the Comp & Benefits Fair . Employees and Community Members are encouraged to get the flu vaccine.
- The Agency District Meeting on the 2020 Budget is Tuesday at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 5pm and the meeting follows at 6.
There is a Food Handler’s Class on Thursday from 2pm-4pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at HIS. If you have any questions contact 541-553-1196.
Become a SMART Reader. SMART stands for “start making a reader today” and is a volunteer program that pairs readers with 1st grade students in Warm Springs – On Thursdays from 4-5pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy afterschool 21st Century Learning Program. If you are interested – call 541-797-7726.
The Warm Springs Community Action team is having their Financial Education Fair beginning Wednesday November 20th and continuing through Friday the 22nd. The Fair runs from 9am-4pm each day. The event will feature the BNC Financial skills for families series with the Warm Springs Area Chamber of Commerce and Vital Tribal Economies Staff. Participants will receive raffle tickets for assorted gift cards, Thanksgiving meal for 4 from Safeway or 4 meals from the WS CAT food trailer. All Oregon IDA clients should call Nettie for RSVP and to sign up for modules you need to make up @ 541-553-3148.