- Tribal Offices will have early release for employees at noon today and offices will be closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving Holiday.The I.H.S. clinic will be open until noon today, all services will be open in the morning, closed Thursday but open on Friday. Boys & Girls Club is closed today thru Friday
- The Warm Springs Temporary Warming Shelter is open tonight and tomorrow at 6pm. Due to the severe cold weather this weekend, the shelter will open on Friday at 6pm through the weekend closing on Monday at 8am.
- There is a Thanksgiving Mini PowWow at the Warm Springs Community Center Today and Tomorrow starting at 7pm. This evening will be a social exhibition powwow, team dance and hand drum contest. On Thursday there will be contest dancing for: Adults, Juniors, Teens, Elders and a Clown Dance. All dancers and drummers are invited to participate. For more information call Carlos at 541-460-0772
The 43rd Annual Warm Springs Indian Holiday Bowling Tournament starts Thursday and continues through Saturday at Lava Lanes in Bend. They will start with Mixed teams Thursday at 3pm and Grammz Special at 8pm. Friday has the Mixed team, Doubles & Singles, Big Dog Challenge, Master’s Event and Senior Masters. They wrap up the Tourney on Saturday with a Youth Bowling Tourney for ages 4-18 and the Holiday Roll-Off. For More information you can call Austin at 541-553-1953. Or you can check out the flyer on KWSO.ORG
A Name giving ceremony for Lenora Kim Starr and Tyree Lindy Starr will be taking place at the HeHe Longhouse this Saturday starting at 10am, with a meal to follow. Family and Friends are welcome and Drummers are requested.
The Project Zero challenge starts next Wednesday December 4th in an effort to help you maintain and not gain weight over the holidays. Weigh-ins are next Wednesday at the Community Center from 8-11:30 and 1-4:30 at the Health & Wellness Center. For More Information call Kacey or Jennifer at 541-553-2460.
- The annual Recreation Christmas Tree Lighting and Santa Visit is Wednesday December 4th at 6pm at the Warm Springs Community Center.
- The annual Recreation Christmas Lights Parade is Wednesday December 11th at 6pm
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy Family Craft Night is Thursday December 12th from 5-7pm.
- The Warm Springs Recreation Christmas Bazaar is Saturday December 14th from 10am – 4pm at the Community Center.
- Indian Night Out is Monday December 16th at the Warm Springs Community Center
- Recreation’s Last Minute Christmas Bazaar is at the Community Center on Wednesday December 18th – 10am until 4pm.
Tananáwit: A Community of Warm Springs Artists is now recruiting new members. The fee for basic membership is $25. To learn more – contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Warm Springs I.H.S. Clinic “same day appointment” phone number is 541-553-2610. Again – for a same day appointment at Warm Springs I.H.S. call 541-553-2610.
Now is the time for students planning to attend college or technical school next fall to start completing the requirements for the Tribal Scholarship. That includes doing a FAFSA for financial assistance. Details are now available at KWSO.org – click on the slide that says Tribal Scholarship.
Become a SMART Reader. SMART stands for “start making a reader today” and is a volunteer program that pairs readers with 1st grade students in Warm Springs – On Thursdays from 4-5pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy afterschool 21st Century Learning Program. If you are interested – call 541-797-7726.
Students in need of school supplies can pick some up at the Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center. Basic supplies are available to students during the library’s regular business hours.