· The Central Oregon Disability Support Network in collaboration with Redmond Cinema is hosting a sensory friendly opportunity to see Frozen 2 today starting at 9:30am. This is a special opportunity for families to enjoy a first run, feature film in a safe and accepting environment. The Movie will start promptly at 9:30am and won’t show previews or advertisements. Tickets are available at the theater for $7 per child ages 11 and under and $8 for ages 12 and up.
· There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
· The Canyon Rumble Frozen Half Marathon is taking place today through Willow Canyon in Madras starting at 10am. Racers can choose to run the half marathon, 10k or 5k routes, which all follow the same course. The race features a mix of paved, gravel and dirt trails, along with some challenging terrain. You can register and pay fees online at madras runners dot com slash canyon dash rumble.
The Project Zero challenge encourages you to maintain and not gain weight over the holidays. Today’s tip is to check out the Community Health facebook page for lighter versions of your favorite recipes
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Communities rely on census statistics to plan for a variety of resident needs including programs that provide services but also for things like new roads. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages everyone to be counted.
The Madras High Girls basketball team has extended their fundraiser through Sunday. You can order from one of the players OR you can visit their online store. See today’s Community Calendar at kwso.org for the link. For more information you can call coach Jerin Say at 541-777-7904.
There is Community Acupuncture on Wednesday December 11th in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
Items are now being collected for the 2020 Warm Springs Point in Time Homeless Survey. You can provide for those in need who are currently experiencing homelessness by contributing useful items that can be dropped with Martha at the Commodities Building or Buffy at the Family Resource Center. https://kwso.org/2019/10/help-the-homeless/
As of Wednesday, January 1st 2020, retail stores and restaurants will not be able to provide you with single-use checkout bags in Oregon. In an effort to reduce the amounts of single-use bags that are used and thrown out House Bill 2509 prohibits retail stores and restaurants from providing single-use checkout bags to customers and places restrictions on other checkout bags they may provide. If you don’t want to be paying a fee, it is recommended to bring your own sustainable bags. For frequently asked questions you can visit KWSO.ORG
· The annual Recreation Christmas Lights Parade is this Wednesday December 11th at 6pm
· The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy Family Craft Night is Thursday December 12th from 5-7pm.
· The Warm Springs Recreation Christmas Bazaar is Saturday December 14th from 10am – 4pm at the Community Center.
· Indian Night Out is Monday December 16th at the Warm Springs Community Center
· Recreation’s Last Minute Christmas Bazaar is at the Community Center on Wednesday December 18th – 10am until 4pm.