· Warm Springs Exercise Classes today: At 12:10 it’s Insanity class at the Community Center Aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall. Insanity class is a body weight boot camp style workout including cardio and strength. Functional Fitness focuses on functional movement, cardio, weights, core and more.
· Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Minnestrone Soup. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
· Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
· In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
· The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
· The Girls Basketball team plays at home vs. Crook County with tip-off at 7:00 pm. The Boys Hoopsters are at Crook County at 7:00 pm.
· There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
· There is Community Acupuncture on Wednesday in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
· 12/11 The Warm Springs Recreation Department is having their Annual Car Light Parade today. Line-up will be at the old Warm Springs Elementary school starting at 4pm. Judging will take place at 5:15pm and the parade starts at 6.
· 12/11 Warm Springs Recreation invites you to enjoy a Bon Fire at the Community Center outside the Social Hall this Wednesday at 5pm Before the Car Lights Parade. Everyone is Welcome to Come Warm Up!
· Family Craft Night is taking place at the Warm Springs K thru 8 on Thursday from 5-7pm.
· There is going to be a Timber Committee Meeting held thursday and it will be the last scheduled meeting for this year. This is a public notice if any community members have permits they need renewed, reissued, or any concerns they would like to present to the Timber committee. The meeting is held at the Forestry building conference room from 9am-noon. If you have any questions call 541-553-3257.
The Project Zero challenge encourages you to maintain and not gain weight over the holidays. Today’s tip is to eat oranges to boost your immunity
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. The U.S. Census counts all residents in the United States every 10 years. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages everyone to be counted.
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at KWSO.org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu.
Now is the time for students planning to attend college or technical school next fall to start completing the requirements for the Tribal Scholarship. That includes doing a FAFSA for financial assistance. Details are now available at KWSO.org – click on the slide that says Tribal Scholarship.