FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR CHARLES “JODY” CALICA
- Leave Bel-Air Funeral Home at 1pm tomorrow (3/21)
- Dressing at the Simnasho Longhouse tomorrow at 2pm
- Overnight Services.
- Burial Friday Morning (3/22)
- Leaving the Simnasho longhouse at 9am to Agency Cemetery
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy is celebrating school pride this week with Spirit Week dress up days. Today is Sporty Sports Day. Thursday is Mismatch Day. And Friday will be Eagle Spirit & School Pride Day.
- The Museum at Warm Springs “Living Tradition” honoree Maxine Switzler will have a presentation of her work today at the Museum. The public is invited to stop by between 10am and 4pm as she shares about the Art of Beadwork.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: smoked salmon potato soup.
- These are today’s fitness classes in Warm Springs – Functional Fitness at 12:10 at the Community Center and Pi-Yo at the clinic atrium also at 12:10.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League – baseball and softball try outs are this week. Coaches must be present. Today is tryouts for Softball from 5 to 6:30 in front of Community Counseling. The ballfields at the community center are not playable yet. Tomorrow they will make up try outs for baseball from 4:30-5:15 and for softball from 5:15-6pm. Players need to bring a glove, cleats, helmet & bat. Little league registrations are being taken weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center through Friday March 29th. If you have questions – call Edmund Francis at 541-325-3856.
- Tomorrow’s Agency District Candidates meet & greet is cancelled.
- The Tananawit Membership Kickoff Event on Thursday is postponed.
- Anyone interested in running for the Jefferson County School District 509-J Board of Directors in the May 21st vote-by-mail Special Election must file a declaration of candidacy or petition for nomination for office with the Elections Department of Jefferson County by 5pm tomorrow. The forms are available at the County Clerk’s office in Madras and online on the Jefferson County website or Secretary of State’s website.
- Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting young people ages 16-24 for its Spring cohort beginning in mid-April. The program is geared toward youth who either have dropped out or are on the verge of being dropped from traditional high school. Anyone interested must attend an information session to be considered. The next info session is tomorrow from 5-6:30pm in Sisters. Call 541-526-1380 to get details and to sign up.
- There is a free workshop to learn about the common issues new employees have and what employers value most this Friday at 10am in the Computer Lab located on the top floor of the Education Building. Call 553-3324 for more details.
- The 26th Annual Warm Springs Cougars All-Indian High School Boys & Girls Basketball Championships are April 5-7 in Warm Springs. They are taking entries up until this Friday. Contact Tourney Director Austin Greene at the Recreation Office for more info.
There is a Penny Carnival on March 28th in the Warm Springs Youth Center Gym from 6-8pm. There will be food, games, crafts and music. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should call the Prevention Program at 541-615-0112.
The University of Oregon is offering the Indigenous Pre-College Academy this summer. The classes and workshops will cover college prep, the admissions process, financial aid, the unique challenges of being a Native scholar and various academic areas. It will be held July 21-28 at U of O in Eugene and it is open to students who will be in grades 9-12 in the coming school year. It is free, rooms and meals will be provided. Applications are due April 15. Get all of the details and apply online at “admissions dot U Oregon dot E D U forward slash I P C A. https://admissions.uoregon.edu/ipca