Community Calendar for Thursday July 25, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. Additional repairs to the Agency Water Distribution System are scheduled to begin next Monday. Those repairs will take at least a couple weeks. The boil water order will remain in effect throughout that work. Because the systems water reservoirs are low – everyone is urged to conserve water.
- The 509J Summer Food Service Meal Program is available today for breakfast and lunch – in Warm Springs at the Youth Center at 8:45 and noon – in Madras at the Westside School at 7:45 & noon AND at Buff Elementary at 8am & 11:30. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Indian tacos and watermelon. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Today’s noon fitness classes at the Community Center are Functional Fitness in the social hall and Boot Camp in the Aerobics room. Personal training is now available – Call Community Wellness at 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243 for details.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- The Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo is going on through Saturday at the fairgrounds in Madras. Today is Kid’s Day. There’s live music tonight at 8:00 featuring Super Escandalo. Entry into the fair is free.
- The Madras Aquatic Center will be closing at 6pm the rest of this week, so there will be no evening lap swim or sunset swim.
- The 1st Annual Pacific Coast Indigenous Youth Invitational Basketball Tourney is this weekend at the Warm Springs Community Center. It’s 13 & 15 Under Boys and 10 & Under Co-ed tourney. FMI: Austin Greene at the Community Center
- There is a revival Friday and Saturday at the stick game pavilion at 7 each night with a young minister from Browning, Montana.
The Boarding School Application deadline is on July 31st. These are for students planning to attend Chemawa Indian School, Riverside in Oklahoma, Sherman in California, and Flandreau in South Dakota. Applications are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the old boys’ dorm.
Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online at www.macrecdistrict.com.
The Warm Springs Library is having a summer reading program for youth 18 and younger. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.