Community Calendar for Tuesday July 23, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. Additional repairs to the Agency Water Distribution System are scheduled to begin next Monday. In the meantime – everyone is urged to conserve water.
- The 509J Summer Food Service Meal Program is available today in Madras at Bridges in the Westside School at 7:45 for breakfast and noon for lunch; at Buff Elementary – with breakfast at 8am and lunch at 11:30; and in Warm Springs at the Youth Center at 8:45 and noon. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is salmon loaf, wild rice, asparagus and jello with fruit & whipped cream . Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Here are today’s Fitness Activities at the Community Center – There is a Youth Yoga class at 10am in the aerobics room, Functional Fitness is at noon in the social hall and Insanity Class at noon in the aerobics room. Personal training is back at the Community Center – find out more by calling the Community Wellness Department 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- The summer Financial Skills for Families class series will begin this evening at the Community Action Team office on campus. It will be held Tuesday evenings and dinner will be provided. This is a requirement for Oregon Individual Development Program participants.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel this evening from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- There is a food handler’s class tomorrow from 2-4pm in the Health and Wellness Center atrium.
- The Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo is starts tomorrow and runs through Saturday at the fairgrounds in Madras. Tomorrow is Honoring Veteran’s Day. There will be music by Box Canyon Blue Grass at 8pm. Entry into the fair is free. The rodeo is Friday & Saturday at 7pm.
- The Jefferson County Democrats will meet on Wednesday at 6pm at the Madras United Methodist Church, meeting room 8. All are welcome to attend.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.