Community Calendar for Friday August 9, 2019
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals at the Warm Springs Youth Center are at 8:45 for breakfast and noon for lunch.
- The Head Start graduation is this morning at 9:00 at the agency longhouse.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: tuna casserole, green salad and fresh fruit.
- There are two fitness classes at 12:10 today in Warm Springs – Functional Fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo at the Health & Wellness Center, pod A.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open through Monday, August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online at www.macrecdistrict.com.
Warm Springs Dental will have its Summer Break Kids Day to provide exams and fluoride varnish to kids of all ages on Tuesday, August 13th – no appointments needed. Check-in with patient registration and then the dental window anytime between 8 and 11am and 1-3pm that day. A parent or guardian must be present for the child to be seen.
The next free Community Acupuncture day is coming up on Wednesday next week in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
The Heart Healthy Heroes Club – a series of classes to help you improve your heart health while saving money through prevention – will be held in Warm Springs on August 13, 20 & 27 from 11am to noon at the clinic. It is free to anyone with heart disease or other chronic heart conditions and family members who would like to learn more. Register online at www.stcharleshealthcare.org.
The city of Culver is seeking vendors for the Culver Crawdad Festival being held August 17. Call 541-546-6494 for more information.
Kids still have all of August to get in on the Warm Springs Library’s summer reading program. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.
Tribal youth, ages 14-18, are encouraged to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences this month – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes Rafting Course August 26-30. There is a community gathering planned for all participants on August 25th. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due August 16th. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.