Community Calendar for Thursday August 15, 2019
- The Summer Meal Program is available at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free weekdays. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. They are having a walk-in intake clinic this morning from 10 until noon at the Community Action Team office.
- There is a Fusion Fitness class, suitable for all fitness levels, every Tuesday & Thursday at the Community Center. During the noon hour today at the Center are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Insanity class in the aerobics room.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: spaghetti, salad and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- The Family Jamboree Day is today in Warm Springs from 3-7pm. There will be family fun activities plus a talent show hosted by Blue Flamez, jumping houses, rock climbing, music and new this year – an outdoor market and food vendors.
- There will be a free athletic physicals clinic today from 5-7pm at the Madras United Methodist Church.
- Tomorrow is the last day for tribal youth, ages 14-18, to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes River Rafting Course August 26-30. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, but registration is due tomorrow. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or email@example.com.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up tomorrow from 10am to 3pm on campus in front of the Community Action Team office. New vendors and anyone fundraising is invited to set up. KWSO will be at the Outdoor Market selling sack lunches and KWSO merchandise. Learn more about our membership program too. AND take part in the Campus Walk at 12:15 to learn more about the Old Commissary Project.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will hold its 11th Annual Screen on the Green outdoor movie event tomorrow at Sahalee Park in Madras. Folks are invited to come out to the Spray Park before the event – the movie starts at 8:30. Bring your own snacks, chairs, or blankets. They will show the movie How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
- Indianpreneurship classes are coming up this Saturday and next Saturday at the Community Action Team office. This program teaches the basics you need to know to start your own business. They will cover all 12 lessons over the two Saturdays from 9am to 4:30pm. Call 541-553-3148 to sign up.
Friday August 30th it the last day for kids to turn in book slips for the Warm Springs Library’s summer reading program. Remember – for every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes.
There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis. It is September 7th and 8th at the Warm Springs Community Center. There are age divisions for youth in grades 3 through 8. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. All money raised will help with Rylan’s medical and travel expenses. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney – they have a limited number of shirts, so early registration is encouraged.
There is a youth 3 on 3 round robin co-ed basketball tournament August 29-30 at the Elmer Quinn Park (skate park.)There will be two divisions – 13 to 15 and 16 to 18. There will be prizes, raffle items, music, vendors and more. They are taking Contact Mallory at the Community Action Team office for rules and information.
Warm Spring Recreation’s Back to School Yard Sale is on Saturday, August 24th on the front yard of the Community Center. Tables are limited – reserve one by calling 541-553-3523. The sale will be from 9-4.