Today is September 30 – there are 184 days left until the 2020 Census begins. Everyone should plan on participating so our community has an accurate count of who lives here. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages your participation in the 2020 census.
- It’s a late start Monday for Jefferson County 509J schools. That means the school day starts 90 minutes later than usual.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at the Senior Center at 10:45. Following the class Seniors can enjoy a meal. On today’s menu: Grilled Thai Chicken with Nectarine Salas.
- Functional Fitness class is in the noon hour today in the Community Center Social Hall. Just a reminder if you are interested in personal training sessions – call 541-553-3589.
- Tomorrow early morning – there is Fusion Fitness Class at 6am at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- Today at the Behavioral Health Center – Women’s Talking Circle is this afternoon from 2-3. Adolescent Substance Abuse Education is 4-5, and Aftercare is 5:30-6:30pm.
- Today is the deadline to apply for the fall activity allowance with the Warm Springs Johnson O’Malley Committee. You can download an application at ww.kwos.org or pick one up at the Higher Education Office. Turn all requests in at Higher Edcuation by the end of the workday today.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd floor. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Volunteer Information Session tomorrow at 5:30 for anyone interested in Volunteering for the Warm Springs Tribes 2020 Point in Time Survey. Contact Buffy Hurtado to learn more at 541-615-0141.
- The Wana Pa Koot Koot Elders Tour is scheduled for this Wednesday. They will meet at 9am at The Dalles Dam Visitor Center. If you have questions, contact Lawrence Squiemphen at 541-300-1826.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will be at the Community Action team office Wednesday from 10am – 12pm. Walk Ins are welcome or you may arrange an appointment by calling 1-800-546-0534 or 503-223-9483.
Warm Springs Sanitation Landfill hours are 7am until 130 pm.. after that gates are locked. After 1:30 everyone is asked to use a transfer station. Please do not do illegal dumping outside the landfill. Also – Tires and Batteries are no longer accepted. If you have questions about the landfill – contact the Tribal Sanitarian at (541) 553-4943.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
The Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project is underway. Sunnyside Drive is closed from Tmsh Street to Upper Dry Creek Road. Contact Ben Bisland 541-553-3207 if you have questions.
The Native American Music Awards are November 2nd in Niagara Falls New York. Voting is now open online. Local Musicians nominated for awards are: Blue Flames for Best Rap Hip Hop Music Video for “Stand Up” and Bigg B featuring N8 for Best Music Video Recording for “Deep End”. You can hear check out nominations online at Native American Music Awards dot Com where there is also a link to voting. (https://www.nativeamericanmusicawards.com/19th-awards-gala)