The Johnson O’Malley Committee for Warm Springs Families is now accepting Applications for the fall activity allowance. This can be for activities such as Rodeo, Dance, Sports, Camps, etc. You can pick up an application at the Higher Education Office upstairs at the Education Building or online packets can be downloaded at https://kwso.org/2019/09/jom-fall-activity-allowance/. The deadline to apply is Monday September 30th.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at the Senior Center at 10:45. Following the class Seniors can enjoy a meal. On today’s menu: a Turkey Avocado Wrap, Cole Slaws with Grapes & Walnuts plus Fresh Fruit.
- Functional Fitness class is in the noon hour today in the Community Center Social Hall. Just a reminder if you are interested in personal training sessions – call 541-553-3589.
- Tomorrow early morning – there is Fusion Fitness Class at 6am at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- Tribal Council will hear budget presentations this week. This morning will be a budget overview and presentations from the Chief Operations Officer and Natural Resources. This afternoon’s presentations will be from Human Services and Education.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- arm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd floor. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
Warm Springs Behavioral Health is having its “Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only – is tomorrow from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. Classes will be Tuesdays and Thursdays. This class is open to clients enrolled in Behavioral Health, Best Care or Tuning Points. If you are not currently enrolled in a program, contact Sarah Frank. Classes are Tuesdays and Thursday.
- The Meth & Opiate Work Group is meeting Wednesday from 9 until 11am at the Greeley Heights Community Building. Everyone is welcome to bring your positive support and ideas in increasing awareness and education for our community about the dangers caused by meth and opiate use and finding ways to create pathways toward healing with hopes of making a better life for our present and our future generations.
- A community presentation on Human Trafficking will be held Wednesday September 25th at the Community Center Social Hall. There are 2 sessions at 1pm and 6pm. The training is being conducted by the Guardian Group, a local non-profit specializing in counter human trafficking.
Warm Springs Sanitation Landfill hours are 7am until 130 pm.. after that gates are locked. After 1:30 everyone is asked to use a transfer station. Please do not do illegal dumping outside the landfill. Also – Tires and Batteries are no longer accepted. If you have questions about the landfill – contact the Tribal Sanitarian at (541) 553-4943.
An Eight Healthy Habits class will begin on Friday, September 20th at 12:05pm in the clinic atrium. Classes will continue each Friday until November 8th. The class will consist of an eight healthy habits video course. A side salad will be provided every week.
- OSU Extension is offering a Mini Session on “Stressing Less with Mindfulness” on Wednesday September 11th from 6-7pm in Redmond. Learn how to give your brain a rest by practicing several mindful actions. The class is free and will be held at the Deschutes County Fairground. Learn more at https://extension.oregonstate.edu/deschutes/events/stress-less-mindfulness-mini-session.
- There is Community Acupuncture on Wednesday in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.