- Tribal Council is in session today and on their agenda are budget presentations from TERO and the TERO Commission, the Gaming Commission and Surveillance, Warm Springs Timber, LLC, Warm Springs Ventures, Warm Springs Power Enterprise and Warm Springs Composite Products.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at the Senior Center at 10:45. Following the class Seniors can enjoy a meal. On today’s menu: Cream of Broccoli Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich.
- Functional Fitness class is in the noon hour today in the Community Center Social Hall. Just a reminder if you are interested in personal training sessions – call 541-553-3589.
- Tomorrow early morning – there is Fusion Fitness Class at 6am at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd floor. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Warm Springs Behavioral Health is having its “Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only is tomorrow from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This class is open to clients enrolled in Behavioral Health, Best Care or Tuning Points. If you are not currently enrolled in a program, contact Sarah Frank. Classes are Tuesdays and Thursday.
Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
- This Wednesday the Madras White Buffalo Football Team invites folks to Abby’s Pizza in Madras where a portion of all sales will support the grid iron program.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate comes to Warm Springs on the third Wednesday of every month at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
The Recovery Never Ends Family Conference is this Thursday thru Saturday at HeHe Longhouse. All are welcome to attend at no cost. There will be speakers, support groups, camping, music, Wellbreity, sweathouse, a powwow and they will join in the Hands Across the Deschutes Bridge event on Saturday morning. For more information contact Sarah Frank at 541-553-3205 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Johnson O’Malley Committee for Warm Springs Families is now accepting Applications for the fall activity allowance. This can be for activities such as Rodeo, Dance, Sports, Camps, etc. You can pick up an application at the Higher Education Office upstairs at the Education Building or online packets can be downloaded at www.kwso.org. The deadline to apply is Monday September 30th.
9/23 Warm Springs Nation Little League will be electing new board members at a meeting on Monday September 23rd. Board Positions include: President, Vice President, Player agents for both Softball and Baseball, Secretary, Treasurer, Safety Officer, Information Officer, Concessions Manager & Umpire in Chief. Background checks are done on all Little League Volunteers. The location of the meeting has yet to be determined. The meeting is open to all community members.
9/23 Warm Springs Recreation is holding Yarn Belt Making Classed with Neda Wesley the week of September 23rd. Classes are from 3-4pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday that week in the Community Center Social Hall.