- Tribal Council will meet today if needed for call backs this morning. This afternoon they will wrap up the proposed 2020 Tribal Budget.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at the Senior Center at 10:45. Following the class Seniors can enjoy a meal. On today’s menu: Chicken Sandwich with greens and a fruit smoothie.
- Functional Fitness class is in the noon hour today in the Community Center Social Hall. Tomorrow early morning – there is Fusion Fitness Class at 6am at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- Today at the Behavioral Health Center – Wellbriety meets from 11 to noon today. Women’s Group is 1 to 2. Anger Management is this afternoon from 3-4. Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 7 this evening.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate comes to Warm Springs today at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources.
- The Madras White Buffalo Football Team invites folks to Abby’s Pizza in Madras where a portion of all sales will support the program.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
The Recovery Never Ends Family Conference gets underway Thursday and runs thru Saturday at HeHe Longhouse. All are welcome to attend at no cost. There will be speakers, support groups, camping, music, Wellbreity, sweathouse… a powwow will be held Friday night. The Hands Across the Deschutes Bridge event for Saturday will not take place. To learn more contact Sarah Frank at 541-553-3205.
The 9th annual Warm Springs Tribal Celebration is this Sunday at Mt Hood Ski Bowl starting at 11am and going until 6pm. Everyone is welcome to learn more about traditional use of the Mt Hood Area by members of the Warm Springs, Wasco & Paiute Tribes.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team is hosting a training on Public Contracting for interested business owners on Friday October 4th from 8:20-2:30pm. They will over Registering as a Business, Business Plan, Capability Statement & Lending. There will also be an overview of the Certification Office for Business Inclusion and Diversity. You can register online – the link is on today’s Community Calendar at KWSO dot org. (https://events.egov.com/eventreg/OR/registrant.htm?action=new&_event=businessresourcenetworkeventwarmsprings)
The Museum at Warm Springs is accepting artwork for the 2019 Tribal member Art Exhibit. Artwork is being accepted through Friday October 4th. The Exhibit will open on October 24th. Contact Natalie at the Museum if you have any questions.
The Johnson O’Malley Committee for Warm Springs Families is now accepting Applications for the fall activity allowance. This can be for activities such as Rodeo, Dance, Sports, Camps, etc. You can pick up an application at the Higher Education Office upstairs at the Education Building or online packets can be downloaded at www.kwso.org. The deadline to apply is Monday September 30th.
If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
The Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project is underway. Sunnyside Drive is closed from Tmsh Street to Upper Dry Creek Road. Contact Ben Bisland 541-553-3207 if you have questions.