- There is Free Acupuncture being offered this morning in the Community Center Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: Twice Baked Potato.
- Warm Springs Exercise classes today…at 12:10 its Functional Fitness in the Community Center Aerobics room and Pilates Yoga Class in Pod A at the Health and Wellness Center. Functional Fitness focuses on functional movement, cardio, weights, core and more. Piyo class is a combination of pilates and yoga, with a focus on strength and balance.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Boys basketball is hosting Obsidian Middle school today, games starting at 3:45pm.
- The Madras High School Native American Student Union is going to meet at the Warm Springs Prevention Building after school today.
- Warm Springs Recreation invites you to enjoy a Bon Fire at the Community Center outside the Social Hall this Wednesday at 5pm Before the Car Lights Parade. Everyone is Welcome to Come Warm Up!
- The Warm Springs Recreation Department is having their Annual Car Light Parade today. Line-up will be at the old Warm Springs Elementary school starting at 4pm. Judging will take place at 5:15pm and the parade starts at 6. KWSO looks forward to seeing you at the Parade!
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Jefferson County Middle School Band is having their Winter Concert today at the Madras Performing Arts Center starting at 6:30pm.
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy is hosting their Family Craft Night tomorrow from 5-7. Stop by the KWSO booth to do some coloring and say hi!
- There is going to be a Timber Committee Meeting held tomorrow and it will be the last scheduled meeting for this year. This is a public notice if any community members have permits they need renewed, reissued, or any concerns they would like to present to the Timber committee. The meeting is held at the Forestry building conference room from 9am-noon. If you have any questions call 541-553-3257.
The Project Zero challenge encourages you to maintain and not gain weight over the holidays. Today’s tip is to try fruit for dessert instead of high sugar and fat options
As of Wednesday, January 1st 2020, retail stores and restaurants will not be able to provide you with single-use checkout bags in Oregon. In an effort to reduce the amounts of single-use bags that are used and thrown out House Bill 2509 prohibits retail stores and restaurants from providing single-use checkout bags to customers and places restrictions on other checkout bags they may provide. If you don’t want to be paying a fee, it is recommended to bring your own sustainable bags. For frequently asked questions you can visit KWSO.ORG
The HAPPI Holiday Giving project is accepting donations of unwrapped gift items for children until next Monday. You can drop items off at the Warm Springs Library or here at KWSO.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Communities rely on census statistics to plan for a variety of resident needs including programs that provide services but also for things like new roads. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages everyone to be counted.
To sign up for the Warm Springs Tribes Emergency Text service – – email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be placed on the notification list. You will need to include your Cell phone number, carrier and/or your email address. The service is supported by MOST carriers.
The Warm Springs I.H.S. Clinic “same day appointment” phone number is 541-553-2610. Again – for a same day appointment at Warm Springs I.H.S. call 541-553-2610.
Now is the time for students planning to attend college or technical school next fall to start completing the requirements for the Tribal Scholarship. That includes doing a FAFSA for financial assistance. Details are now available at KWSO.org – click on the slide that says Tribal Scholarship.