Community Calendar for Monday March 4, 2019
- It is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools this morning.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, resumes & cover letters, help with job applications and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by today between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat brunch after.
- Today’s Warm Springs Fitness activities include: noon hoops at the gym; Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the aerobics room; PIYO at 12:10 at the clinic atrium; and Women’s open gym this evening from 6-7:50.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Redmond Little League is hosting a free umpire clinic for anyone interested in being an umpire this 2019 season this evening from 5:30-8pm at the Redmond Early Learning Center School gum. Registration is requested – find it on Redmond Little League website.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- It’s Dr. Seuss Spirit Week at Warm Springs Head Start. Tomorrow is “Clash Day.” Wednesday will be Dr. Seuss Character Day, Thursday is Opposite Day and Friday is Crazy Hair Day.
- There is a Pathways Home Native Home Ownership class tomorrow from 5:30-7:30 at the Credit Building.
- The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s Tribal Council candidates’ forums on Economic Development for Seekseequa and Agency District candidates will be combined into one forum tomorrow evening at the Agency Longhouse. KWSO plans on broadcasting that live.
- The Land Use Planning Committee will meet on Wednesday from 9am until noon in conference room 3 at the Administration Building.
- Lil’ Miss Warm Springs meetings are held on Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm. Participation in the sessions will allow girls to build on their cultural knowledge, develop confidence, public speaking skills and spend time with mentors and peers. The Lil’ Miss Warm Springs Pageant is tentatively scheduled for May 1st.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is doing free tax preparation and filing by appointment. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.
Tananawit – A Community of Warm Springs Artists are having a fundraising can drive until March 15th. Any donations can be brought the Community Action Team office on campus.