Community Calendar for Wednesday April 17, 2019
- Warm Springs CPS Center is seeking donations of DVD’s for kids to watch. They need to be age appropriate – nothing rated-R. Donations can be dropped off at the CPS front office.
- The Land use Planning Committee meets today at 9am in conference room at the administration building.
- The Wellbriety “Celebrating Families class for parents only Is today from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor at the Behavioral Health Center in the old Girls Dorm. Today’s topic is: Feelings & Defenses. You do need to be signed up for class to participate. Call Paul or Sarah at 553-3205 to learn more.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: turkey pitas, baked potato chips and fruit.
- Lil’ Miss Warm Springs meetings are held on Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm. Participation in the sessions will allow girls to build on their cultural knowledge, develop confidence, public speaking skills and spend time with mentors and peers. The Lil’ Miss Warm Springs Pageant is tentatively scheduled for May 1st.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Tananawit – A Community of Native Artists will hold a kickoff event tomorrow at the Museum at Warm Springs. A dinner and raffle start at 5, followed by guest speakers and an awards ceremony. It’s free but donations are welcome. There will also be some vendors.
- Warm Springs K-8 Academy will have a Kindergarten Welcome and Information Night tomorrow from 5-6pm. Parents and guardians can meet school administration, tour the school, get students registered and help get them ready for the “big school.” Light refreshments and materials & books to take home will be provided.
Easter Egg Hunts in Warm Springs will be held this Saturday at 10am. Kindergarten age youth and older will hunt on the lawn in front of the Behavioral Health Center. Pre-K will be in the fenced area of the Family Resource Center.
The next Victim Impact Panel is coming up April 23rd from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will hold its next walk-in intake clinic on April 29th from 1:30-3:30pm at the Community Action Team office. Free civil legal service is available to eligible tribal members. Stop by to find out if the program can help with your legal need.
Ronnie Thomas is selling raffle tickets for a chance to win one boys and one girls 26-inch bicycle. Tickets are $20 each and the drawing is on June 1st. His phone number is 541-325-2904.