Community Calendar for Saturday June 29, 2019
The 50th Annual Pi-Ume-Sha Treaty Days is going on this weekend in Warm Springs:
- The Pi-Ume-Sha Fun Run is this morning starting at the Housing office parking lot. There will be a 10k, 5k and 1-mile fun run/walk. Registration starts at 8am, and all races start at 9.
- The Endurance Horse Race is starts at 8:00 this morning at the Warm Springs Shaker Church. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the junior and senior divisions.
- There is a breakfast fundraiser today and tomorrow starting at 8am each day at the Full Gospel Church. Breakfast plates include sausage or bacon, hasbrowns, gravy, eggs and coffee or juice. There is also a rummage sale. It’s a fundraiser for the Greene Family Reunion this August.
- The Pi-Ume-Sha Treaty Days Horse & Traditional Parade will begin at 11am today. Traditional line-up starts at 9:30 and horse line-up begins at 10:15. THE PARADE LINEUP AND STARTING PLACE WILL BE IN FRONT OF THE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER AND PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH.
- Pi-Ume-Sha Stick Games continue today and tomorrow. There’s a light meal at noon and open registration will be open for the three-man double elimination tournament that starts at 3:00 today. On Sunday there will be a free kids’ tournament & free bone hog.
- Today’s Powwow grand entry times are at 1:00 and 7:00. Sunday’s grand entry is at 2pm.
- Treaty Days Boxing is today at the Warm Springs Community Center. Bouts start at 1pm. Admission will be $10 adults, $5 students, $3 seniors and free for kids 7 and under.
- The Super Man – Wonder Woman Challenge, honoring the late Eugene “Cougar” & Norene Greene, is on Sunday. It’s an outdoor 3.3 mile rugged terrain foot race plus a 9.3 mile bike ride on pavement. There are adult and youth open divisions. Entry is $20 and cash prizes will be awarded to top finishers in each division. Registration will start at 7am and the race starts at 8am starting at the Forestry parking lot.
- The grand opening of the Splash Park in Sahalee Park in Madras is this morning at 9:00. Free snow cones will be provided to the first 500 kids who show up.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- The water main break to the Warm Springs Agency Water System has been repaired however the Boil Water order remains in effect until further notice.
- Water distribution at the old Elementary School Library will continue this weekend – open today 9am – 4pm and Sunday 10am – 3pm. Local residents can refill water containers or receive gallon jugs of drinking water.
- Showers are open daily 6am – 10pm.
- Folks in Warm Springs are also reminded to continue to conserve water.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting on Monday at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.