Community Calendar for Monday July 15, 2019
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program will be available today at: Bridges High School at 7:45 & noon; Warm Springs Youth Center at 8:45 and noon; and Buff Elementary at 8 and 11:30am. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- There is Senior Fitness Class today at 10:45am at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat a meal after – today they are having: beef lasagna soup and garlic bread.
- There is Functional Fitness Class today at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium. There is also a new early morning Fusion Fitness class every Tuesday & Thursday at 6am in the Community Center aerobics room. Personal training is now available – Call Community Wellness at 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243 for details.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center tomorrow. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal.
- Registration for youth sports through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open. Tomorrow is the registration deadline for 5th & 6th grade tackle football and for youth flag football for ages 4-9. Youth soccer registration is being taken through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be at the Victims of Crime Services Wednesday. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- There is a sports physical clinic at the Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center on Wednesday, on a first come first serve basis. Kids will need to bring a parent or guardian with them and can start checking in at 12:45.
- There is a family movie night on Wednesday in front of the Behavioral Health Building at 9pm.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
The Summer Jam Film Fest is this Saturday at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors will open at 6pm. This year’s video theme is Language is Power. There will be door prizes, youth t-shirts, and local videos. Everyone is welcome. Admission is free! Contact Bigg B if you have any questions.
The Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo is next week – July 24-27. Wednesday will be Honoring Veteran’s Day. Thursday is Kid’s Day. Friday is Senior Citizen’s Day. And, Saturday will be Can Cancer Day – everyone wear purple. Entry into the fair is free. Presale carnival ride passes are on sale now at the Grocery Outlet in Madras until July 23. There will be night entertainment and the rodeo starts at 7pm on Friday and Saturday.