Community Calendar for Monday July 8, 2019
- The 509J Summer Food Service Meal Program is open weekdays at Bridges in Madras at the Westside School. Breakfast is 7:45-8:30 and lunch is 12-12:30. Nutritious meals – free to kids 18 and under are also being served at the Warm Springs Youth Center – breakfast is from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30.
- Tribal Council will meet today – there will be a CRITFC Briefing this morning, followed by Carbon Sequestration options. This afternoon an EPA & CTWS Leadership Meeting, tribal Attorney Update and an ICF Update.
- There is Senior Fitness Class today at 10:45am at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat a meal after – today they are having: Cajun chicken salad and mandarin oranges.
- There is Functional Fitness Class today at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium. There is also a new early morning Fusion Fitness class every Tuesday & Thursday at 6am in the Community Center aerobics room.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- The final two classes in the Being Tobacco Free series in Warm Springs will be this Tuesday and Thursday at noon in the Family Resource Center. Learn about the benefits of living tobacco-free. Everyone is welcome – lunch is provided.
- There is Community Acupuncture on Wednesday in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
The next Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event is on August 1st. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras August 1st from 5-9pm.
The Heart Healthy Heroes Club – a series of classes to help you improve your heart health while saving money through prevention – will be held in Warm Springs on August 13, 20 & 27 from 11am to noon at the clinic. It is free to anyone with heart disease or other chronic heart conditions and family members who would like to learn more. Register online at www.stcharleshealthcare.org.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.