Community Calendar for Tuesday July 9, 2019
- The 17th annual Hot Summer Nights Powwow begins tonight and runs through tomorrow night at the Simnasho rodeo grounds. The weenie roast kicks off activities this evening at 6pm with the social powwow at 7. Wednesday morning is the annual fun run-walk. Hot Summer Nights is home to the Simnasho Derby, the Drummers Relay Race and the Sweep Your Teepee World Championships. Everyone is welcome to attend and participate.
- Kids 18 and under can get free, nutritious meals through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program weekdays at Bridges in Madras at the Westside School. Breakfast is 7:45-8:30 and lunch is 12-12:30. Meals are also being served at the Warm Springs Youth Center – breakfast is from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30.
- Warm Springs Tribal Council will have Board & Committee appointments this morning. This afternoon and tomorrow it will work on its Proclamation and Priorities.
- Here are today’s Fitness Activities at the Community Center –There is a Youth Yoga class at 10am in the aerobics room, Functional Fitness is at noon in the social hall and Insanity Class at noon in the aerobics room. Personal training is now available – Call Community Wellness at 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243 for details.
- The final two classes in the Being Tobacco Free series in Warm Springs are today and Thursday at noon in the Family Resource Center. Learn about the benefits of living tobacco-free. Everyone is welcome – lunch is provided.
- Today’s Senior breakfast is pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- There is Community Acupuncture tomorrow the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
The Summer Jam Film Fest is happening on Saturday July 20th at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors will open at 6pm. This year’s video theme is Language is Power. There will be door prizes, youth t-shirts, and local videos. Everyone is welcome. Admission is free! Contact Bigg B if you have any questions.
The boil water order is still in effect for homes and businesses on the Agency Water System. That means you should boil water for drinking or cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth & making ice. OR use bottled water.