Community Calendar for Sunday July 7, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tune into KWSO at noon today for the Waterfront Blues Festival live from Portland. The Waterfront Blues Festival on the stations of Oregon Community Media including 91.9 FM KWSO!
- Tribal Council will meet tomorrow, here are the agenda items: CRITFC Briefing; Carbon Sequestration options; EPA & CTWS Leadership Meeting; Tribal Attorney Update; ICF Update.
- The last two classes in the Being Tobacco Free series in Warm Springs are on Tuesday and Thursday this week at noon in the Family Resource Center. Learn about the benefits of living tobacco-free. Everyone is welcome – lunch is provided.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
The next Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event is on August 1st. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras August 1st from 5-9pm.
The Heart Healthy Heroes Club – a series of classes to help you improve your heart health while saving money through prevention – will be held in Warm Springs on August 13, 20 & 27 from 11am to noon at the clinic. It is free to anyone with heart disease or other chronic heart conditions and family members who would like to learn more. Register online at www.stcharleshealthcare.org.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.
The Summer Jam Film Fest is happening on Saturday July 20th at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors will open at 6pm. This year’s video theme is Language is Power. There will be door prizes, youth t-shirts, and local videos. Everyone is welcome. Admission is free! Contact Bigg B if you have any questions.