Community Calendar for Wednesday July 3, 2019
Funeral Arrangements for Ernie Mark Bryant
- Dressing today (7/3) at 3pm at the Agency Longhouse
- Open Denominations overnight services
- Burial tomorrow (7/4) at sunrise at the Mouth of the Warm Springs River Cemetery
- The 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program is open weekdays at Bridges in Madras at the Westside School. Breakfast is 7:45-8:30 and lunch is 12-12:30. Nutritious meals – free to kids 18 and under are also being served at the Warm Springs Youth Center – breakfast is from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30. Meals will not be served this Thursday or Friday.
- The Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center will close at 3pm today and be closed tomorrow. Regular hours will resume on Friday.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Tananawit is hosting an outdoor movie night fundraiser this evening at the Warm Springs Community Action Team building on campus. They are showing the movie Aqua Man at 7:30. Cost is $3, kids 12 and under is $1. They will accept can/bottle donations as payment as well.
- Tomorrow is Independence Day. The tribal organization will be closed.
- This year’s 4th of July Parade in Warm Springs will honor Marines. Parade lineup will begin at 9am in front of the Family Resource Center and Presbyterian Church for participants, judging is at 10:00 and the parade will start at 11. Watch for KWSO’s float in the parade. A barbecue and family games will follow at the Community Center.
- The Todd Beamer Memorial run will be held this 4th of July in Madras. Registration will start at 6:15 that morning at Sahalee Park. Pre-registration at a discount is being taken through tomorrow online. The events are a 6-mile walk, 5k run, 10k run and 2 mile fun run. The 6-mile walk starts at 7am, the bus for the 5 & 10k runs leaves at 7:30 and the 2-mile fun run is at 9. After the races, there will be food, a parade and celebration in the park. All proceeds go to the Todd Beamer Memorial Scholarship.
- The Downtown Park & Play event is on the 4th of July from 5-9pm on 5th Street in Madras. There will be food, music and vendors. Anyone interested in setting up as a vendor can visit http://downtownparkandplay.com/. KWSO will have a booth at the Park & Play and we look forward to seeing you.
- In Warm Springs this 4th of July, fireworks should be lit at one of these designated locations: Community Center parking lot, Simnasho Longhouse parking lot, Agency Longhouse parking lot or the campus grassy area across from the courthouse. Remember to bring water or a fire extinguisher with you, safely dispose of used fireworks and clean up after yourselves. Let’s all do our part to make this 4th a safe one!
- Tune into KWSO at noon on the 4th of July for the Waterfront Blues Festival live from Portland. We will bring you the blues Thursday thru Sunday from noon until 10pm each day. The Waterfront Blues Festival on the stations of Oregon Community Media including 91.9 FM KWSO!
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up this Friday from 10am to 7pm on campus next to the Community Action Team office, on the corner of Paiute Ave. & Warm Springs St. Interested vendors should contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148.
A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate comes to Warm Springs on the third Wednesday of every month at the Victims of Crime Services office. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. To schedule, call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
Boarding School Applications are due July 31st. Applications and information are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the Old Boys’ Dorm.
\The Summer Jam Film Fest is happening on Saturday July 20th at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors will open at 6pm. This year’s video theme is Language is Power. There will be door prizes, youth t-shirts, and local videos. Everyone is welcome. Admission is free! Contact Bigg B if you have any questions.