Community Calendar for Tuesday August 13, 2019
- The Summer Meal Program is available at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free weekdays. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon.
- Warm Springs Dental is having its Summer Break Kids Day to provide exams and fluoride varnish to kids of all ages today with no appointments needed. Check-in with patient registration and then the dental window anytime between 8 and 11:00 this morning and 1-3 this afternoon. A parent or guardian must be present for the child to be seen.
- Here is what is on the Tribal Council Agenda this morning – Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort Projects; Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Update; and Kahneeta Update. This afternoon will be Tribal Leases and 2020 Census Update.
- There is youth yoga class this morning at 10 in the Community Center aerobics room. During the noon hour there is a Functional Fitness Class in the social hall and Insanity class in the aerobics room. Personal Training sessions are available at the Community Center – call 541-553-3589 to learn more.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is backbones & dumplings. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- There is Community Acupuncture tomorrow in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am for a free session.
- The 9 Tribes of Oregon Prevention Camp is happening in Warm Springs. They are having a community powwow tomorrow at the agency longhouse. A dinner will begin at 5pm, the powwow at 6. They will serve baked salmon, barbecued pig and more. It is an alcohol, tobacco and other drug free event.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. The next walk-in intake clinic is this Thursday from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office.
- The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs is on Thursday from 3-7pm. There will be family fun activities plus a talent show hosted by Blue Flamez, jumping houses, rock climbing, music and new this year – an outdoor market and food vendors. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.
- There will be a free athletic physicals clinic on Thursday from 5-7pm at the Madras United Methodist Church.