- Families of new Kindergarten Students need to make sure your child is enrolled for school at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. Stop by or contact the school office at 541-553-1128.
- Warm Springs Head Start is now accepting Applications for 3 & 4 year olds for the new school year. Learn more by stopping by Warm Springs Early Childhood Education or call 541-553-3242.
- There is youth yoga class this morning at 10 in the Community Center aerobics room. During the noon hour there is a Functional Fitness Class in the social hall and Insanity class in the aerobics room.
- Community members are invited to take part in a Buti Yoga class with Master Instructor Acosia Red Elk this morning from 11:00 am until noon at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is meat loaf, mashed potatoes, roots & green beans and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs has an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. If you can’t make it to a weekly session you can call 541-553-4952 to set up an orientation.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel this evening from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
Wednesday 8/28 – Warm Springs HAPPI and Prevention Programs are putting on a penny carnival with foods, games, crafts and music on Wednesday, August 28th from 6-8pm in the Youth Center gym. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should contact the Prevention Program.
Thursday 8/29 – The Warm Springs Back to School Barbecue is today from 4-6pm at the Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy. There will also be a family information and resource fair in the commons. Check out the information and pick up a new back pack – and stop by the KWSO booth for a Native Student T-shirt!
There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis and her medical expenses. It is September 7th and 8th at the Warm Springs Community Center. Age divisions are 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 grades. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. All money raised will help with Rylan’s medical and travel expenses. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney – they have a limited number of shirts, so early registration is encouraged.
The Annual MAC Dash is coming up September 14th at the Madras Aquatic Center. The deadline to register is September 8th. All proceeds from the event go to In-water programs for the MAC. There is also a Middle MAC Dash for kids 11-14 and a mini-MAC Dash for children 10 and under – both kids events are free but registration is still required. Visit MAC Rec District dot com to sign up. https://www.macrecdistrict.com/mac-dash/
“In A Landscape,” a Hunter Noack concert will take place on Thursday September 5th, an hour before sunset, on the P-600, Trout Lake Road in Warm Springs. Tribal members need to register to get free admission. Contact Dustin Seyler – at the Community Action Team office to sign up.