- A BOIL WATER NOTICE has been issued due to loss of pressure in the Agency Water System. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth, and preparing food until further notice. The boil water notice is a precautionary measure to provide safe drinking water for all those affected. It is estimated that the order will be in place at least through this Wednesday, October 30th..
- Drinking Water Distribution is being coordinated by Warm Springs Emergency Management. The distribution center is open at the Old Warm Springs Elementary Library weekdays 7am – 6pm and weekends 10am – 3pm until the Boil Water Notice is lifted.
- Warm Springs ECE will be closed for children younger than 3 years old as well as for school age youth until the boil water notice has been lifted. Head Start classrooms will operate. Contact ECE at 541-553-3242 if you have any questions.
- As a reminder, the water is still safe to use for flushing toilets and showering. There will not be any porta-potties or showers setup at this time.
- No jury duty on October 30th & 31st.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: Potato Soup. Functional Fitness Class is today at noon in the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- Functional Fitness Class is in the Community Center Social Hall at lunchtime today.
- The Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents is today from 1pm-4pm on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This session will be going over: Nutrition. Classes will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays. The Next class is Monday Nov 4th. Keep in mind that if you haven’t attended any session prior to day, you will not be able to join afterwards.
- Mom Dad and Baby Group is having a Halloween Party today from 2:30-4. They will have a special art activity and treats!
- the Madras High School Native American Student Union (NASU) is having their meeting after school today from 3:15pm-5pm. The Meeting will be held in Mr. Jones classroom. For More information contact Gordon Scott at 503-347-5778.
- The Simnasho District Meeting on the 2020 Budget is Today at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner is at 6pm and the meeting follows at 7. The Agency District Meeting is November 5th at the Agency Longhouse at 6.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate comes to Warm Springs on the third Wednesday of every month at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
The next Warm Springs Community Action Team Indianpreneurship Class will be held on 2 consecutive Saturdays all day – November 2nd and 9th. If you are interested in starting or growing a small business – this class is for you. Contact the Community Action Team to sign up.
Students in need of school supplies can pick some up at the Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center. Basic supplies are available to students during the library’s regular business hours.
Prevention Services in Warm Springs is offering a great opportunity for youth on Friday November 1st – a no school day. There will be classes for 3rd thru 5th grade students all day on Conscious Discipline, Addiction Awareness, Healthy eating and exercising. Classes for 6th thru High School are on Addiction Awareness, Sex and Healthy relationship education, life skills and conscious discipline. These classes will run 8:15am until 5pm. Students who participate in the classes for their grade level – will be eligible to visit the University of Oregon for a tour and to attend a basketball game. 3rd-5th grade students will have a one day trip on Nov 11th, 6th-8th graders will go for two days Nov 16th & 17th, and High school students will go for two days Nov 22nd & 23rd. For More information you can contact Prevention at 541-615-0036.
Thursday 10/31 Halloween
There is no school tomorrow in the Jefferson County 509 J district. It’s a teacher grading day.
There is a Food Handler’s Class on Thursday Nov 7th from 2pm-4pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at HIS. If you have any questions contact 541-553-1196.
The Senior Program is hosting a Halloween Senior Party tomorrow at noon at the Senior Building. There will be a Costume Contest for Scariest, Most Original, Funniest and Best Dressed Male and Female Costumes.
Warm Springs Recreation is hosting a “Spooky Ookie Addams Family Style Kookie Halloween” on October 31st. The Employee Costume Contest is 11:45-12:45 in the Social Hall. Zombie walk from noon to 1pm, T-Shirts for the 1st 60 participants. The Trunk or Treat is 4-6pm behind the Center. The Halloween Carnival is 6-8:30pm in the Gym.