- Tribal Elders can go to the Warm Springs Senior Wellness Center this morning for breakfast from 8:30am-10:30am. On the Menu, Muffin Omelettes, Sausage, Hashbrowns and a Fruit Parfait. For any non-elders, there will be a $5 donation.
- There is an information meeting taking place at the Education Building (Old Boys Dorm) today from 11:30am-3pm in the lower conference room. If you’re between the ages of 18-24 and are interested in work and receiving a scholarship for higher education, Americorp Program will have Priscilla Calleros (sell air ohs)there to talk about opportunities. You will need to have a state I.D, a copy of your birth certificate and a social security card. For More Information contact Wayne Miller at 541-553-4952
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Muffin Omelets. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- The Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center will hold a Lunch and Learn activity today which will cover high blood pressure care and prevention at 12pm at IHS. The topics will include, the signs symptoms and causes of high blood pressure, how to work with your physician to get a proper diagnosis, the benefits of self-monitoring and Treatment Options. Lunch will be provided.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class today from 2pm-4pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at IHS. The next Food Handler’s Class will be on Thur Nov 21st from 10am-12pm. If you have any questions contact 541-553-1196.
- Warm Springs K thru 8 Boys basketball kicks off today as they host Sisters @ 3:30pm.
- The 509J Family University presents a Free Personal Financial Course, where professionals in the field of banking will provide an introduction series of classes to help you manage your money and provide answers to money questions. This course will take place at the Jefferson County Middle School in Madras from 6:15pm-7:15pm today as well as November 14th and 21st. To register you can call 541-460-2824
- The MHS Music Department is holding a concert in honor of our veterans today in the Madras Performing Arts Center at 7pm. WE ARE ONE: Features the MHS Symphonic Band and MHS Chamber Choir. All are welcome, there will be reserved seating for veterans. A $10 donation is suggested at the door or a donation of 3 canned food items
- The Warm Springs temporary warming shelter plans to beopen today due to nighttime temperatures forecast to be below 32 degrees. The shelter is open from 7pm to 7am at the Warm Springs Youth Center in the old Elementary gym building. Use the entrance on the side by the basketball court.
Students in need of school supplies can pick some up at the Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center. Basic supplies are available to students during the library’s regular business hours.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people across the country to assist with the 2020 Census count. You can learn more by calling 1-855-JOB-2020
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at KWSO.org click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu.
There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic tomorrow – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Annual Fall book fair at the Warm Springs K thru 8 is this Friday and all next week. It will be open from 7:45am-4pm AND until 7pm on the 13th and 14th during parent/teacher conferences.
- Madras High School Football is in a playoff game this Friday Night at Rainier High School. KWSO will air a broadcast of the game at 7 o’clock Friday Night!
On Monday In Warm Springs there will be a Veteran’s Parade starting on campus at 11am, finishing at the Community Center. A meal will be provided at noon followed by presentations and entertainment. Thank you Veterans.
Listen to KWSO this Veteran’s Day for special programming to honor all Veterans.