The Warm Springs community COVID-19 Update for Tuesday (10/19/21) reports 8 new cases of COVID-19 from 54 tests conducted yesterday (Monday 10/18/21) at the Health and Wellness Center.
There are currently 23 people with active COVID-19 in Warm Springs and 15 close contacts receiving daily monitoring.
- 14926 tests have been conducted at the Health & Wellness Center – 976 Total Positive Cases resulted.
- 142 positive tests have come from outside facilities
- 1118 cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in Warm Springs since the Pandemic Began.
Anyone who wants a COVID-19 test can go to the front gate at the clinic and get tested.
- Yesterday’s positivity rate was 14.8%
- Last week’s testing positivity rate was 7.59%
- The September rate was 7.88%
- In August the positivity rate was 3.68%
Community Members are asked to please use all COVID-19 precautions: wearing a face mask and maintaining 6 feet distance from anyone you do not live with. It is especially challenging to use those protocols when interacting with family and friends when they are people that you do not live with and who you have not been around. To protect yourself and those that you care about – please take precautions.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms – or if you have COVID-19
- Stay Home
- Avoid Others
- Don’t go to:
- the Grocery Store
- the Casino
- the Longhouse
- Sporting Events
- School Activities
- Birthday Parties
- Any Public Areas
If you haven’t already been vaccinated – please get the vaccine today. Vaccines are saving lives and they are keeping people out of the hospital. Vaccinations are the primary way to bring the COVID-19 Pandemic under control.
- 2978 primary doses, of COVID-19 vaccine, have been administered
- 2510 2nd doses have been given
- 37 3rd doses have been given to individuals who qualified as
You can call to schedule a vaccination anytime at the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center at 541-553-2131. Anyone 12 and older who is Indian Health Service Eligible, OR who lives or works in Warm Springs and their family members can be vaccinated.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs will do drawings for more than 200 – $250 gift cards the week of November 8th for anyone who has gotten at least one COVID-19 vaccination. Anyone who lives or works in Warm Springs and your family members can call IHS at 541-553-2131 to make an appointment for a free vaccination. You can download entry forms at kwso.org.
St. Charles hospitals in Central Oregon are at 84.59% occupancy. Their ICU is at 82.05% occupancy. There are 79 St. Charles patients with COVID-19 and 16 of those individuals are in the ICU.
For up to date information about the Covid-19 Pandemic visit: