Community Calendar for Sunday March 3, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tomorrow is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, resumes & cover letters, help with job applications and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by tomorrow between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- Redmond Little League is hosting a free umpire clinic for anyone interested in being an umpire this 2019 season. It is on Monday from 5:30-8pm at the Redmond Early Learning Center School gum. Registration is requested – find it on Redmond Little League website.
- It’s Dr. Seuss Spirit Week at Warm Springs Head Start. Tuesday is “Clash Day.” Wednesday will be Dr. Seuss Character Day, Thursday is Opposite Day and Friday is Crazy Hair Day.
- The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s Tribal Council candidates’ forums on Economic Development for Seekseequa and Agency District candidates will be combined into one forum on Tuesday at the Agency Longhouse. KWSO plans on broadcasting that live.
American Legion Post 125 of Madras is participating with VFW Post 12141, in assisting Veterans in our local communities needing selective emergency home repair. A one-time grant is available through ODVA for qualifying Veterans, with needs for basic home renovations based on safety and health. The information and guidelines are outlined in the Veteran Benefits section at www.oregon.gov/odva/Benefits. Your local Veterans service organizations and Veteran Service Officers, may be contacted for further information.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is doing free tax preparation and filing by appointment. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.
Tananawit – A Community of Warm Springs Artists are having a fundraising can drive until March 15th. Any donations can be brought the Community Action Team office on campus.
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
The Central Oregon Photo Voice Project is looking for Warm Springs youth to participate. The Photo Voice Project uses pictures to tell a story and communicate the impact of nicotine use in their community. For more information call or text Katie at 541-233-9177.
The Jefferson County School District 509-J has two positions opening for its Board of Directors. Anyone interested in running for Positions #4 and #5 in the May 21st vote-by-mail Special Election must file a declaration of candidacy or petition for nomination for office with the Elections Department of Jefferson County no later than 5pm on March 21st. The forms are available at the County Clerk’s office in Madras and online on the Jefferson County website or Secretary of State’s website.