Community Calendar for Sunday June 2, 2019
- There is a boil water order in effect for the Warm Springs Agency Water System. That means you should boil water for drinking or cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth & making ice OR use bottled water.
- This is affecting everyone in the Agency Area plus Upper Dry Creek, Sunnyside, Wolfe Point & Kah-Nee-Ta.
- For those in the affected areas – there is bottled water distribution today 10am – 3pm at the Old Warm Springs Elementary School Library. You can also fill up your own containers with water for non-consumption use.
- Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will remain closed next week and until the boil water order is lifted.
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy will be open for regular school hours next week with a plan in place to address all water issues.
- A total water outage is anticipated early this week. This will affect Agency area homes, offices and businesses along and south of highway 26.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today following services. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Warm Springs Early Childhood Education is closed tomorrow due to the water boil order.
- Tribal Council will be in session Monday. Agenda items are updates from the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Office of Special Trustee, Realty Items, School Funding Reform with the 509-J School Board, a Legislative Update Call and Tribal Attorneys’ Updates.
The next Madras Downtown Park & Play event is Thursday, June 6th from 5-9pm on 5th Street in Madras. There will be food, music and vendors. Anyone interested in setting up as a vendor can visit downtownparkandplay.com. The theme for June is Tiny Doors. KWSO will be at the Park and Play and we look forward to seeing you there.
Tribal Council is advertising vacancies on the following committees: Culture & Heritage; Education; Health & Welfare; Land Use Planning; Range, Irrigation & Agriculture; Timber; and Fish & Wildlife. Letters of interest and resumes must be submitted to Secretary- Treasurer Michele Stacona by 5pm on June 7th. Vacancies on the Water Control Board, Ventures Board, Tribal Employment Rights Office Commission and Credit Board have a deadline of June 14th to apply.
The Johnson O’Malley summer activity allowances need to be applied for by June 7th. 509-J and Wasco County students, age 3 up to 12th grade, who are members of a federally recognized tribe are eligible. Parents/guardians need to complete the paperwork with Carroll Dick at the Higher Education office.
The Madras Downtown Association and Tananawit are holding salmon bake fundraiser on June 8th starting at 5pm until sold out. Salmons plates will be served at Wild Bleu.
The Boys and Girls Club of Warm Springs is doing a Squares raffle with the drawing set for June 14th. Money raised will support club operations. Squares are $10 each and the winner will take half the pot. There are 100 squares in all. You can stop by the club to purchase your square.