Community Calendar for Monday June 3, 2019
- There is a boil water order in effect for the Warm Springs Agency Water System. That means you should boil water for drinking or cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth & making ice OR use bottled water.
- This is affecting everyone in the Agency Area plus Upper Dry Creek, Sunnyside, Wolfe Point & Kah-Nee-Ta.
- Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will remain closed this week and until the boil water order is lifted.
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy will be open for regular school hours this week with a plan in place to address all water issues.
- A total water outage is anticipated early this week. This will affect Agency area homes, offices and businesses along and south of highway 26.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to place their tote at the road. This will help them save time so they can do all the scheduled pick up with the staff and equipment they have available right now. If you have questions – call the landfill at 553-3163.
- Tribal Council will be in session today. This morning they will hear updates from the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Office of Special Trustee, followed by Realty Items and School Funding Reform with the 509-J School Board. This afternoon there is a Legislative Update Call and Tribal Attorneys’ Updates.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League games today – Junior Baseball hosts Jefferson County. Minor Softball hosts Crook County.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting every Tuesday evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who are applying for the Tribal Scholarship that the deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
The Johnson O’Malley summer activity allowances need to be applied for by this Friday. 509-J and Wasco County students, age 3 up to 12th grade, who are members of a federally recognized tribe are eligible. Parents/guardians need to complete the paperwork with Carroll Dick at the Higher Education office.