Community Calendar for Saturday August 3, 2019
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting on Monday at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- Central Oregon Community College’s Redmond campus is hosting an information session on its Allied Health programs from 5:30-6:30 p.m. on Monday, in Building 3, Room 306. The health programs covered will include dental assistant, massage therapy, medical assistant, pharmacy technician and veterinary technician. It is not necessary to be enrolled at COCC to attend this session. Reservations are not required.
The Fish & Wildlife Committee is hosting a public meeting on the 2019 off-reservation hunting regulations on Thursday, August 8th at 5:30pm at the Agency Longhouse. All hunters should attend.
The Head Start graduation will take place on August 9th at 9am at the agency longhouse.
Kids still have all of August to get in on the Warm Springs Library’s summer reading program. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.
Families of incoming kindergarten students at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy need to be sure their student is enrolled for the coming school year. Registration packets are available at the School District office, 445 SE Buff Street in Madras. They need to be turned in by August 8th. Summer school for the kinders at the K8 will start August 12th. If you have questions call Heilan 541-475-6192.