Community Calendar for Sunday August 4, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Here are the items on the Tribal Council Agenda tomorrow: Bureau of Indian Affairs Update; Office of Special Trustee Update; Realty Items; ICF Update; Legislative Update Conference Call; Tribal Attorney Update; and Chuush Fund Establishment
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting tomorrow at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- Central Oregon Community College’s Redmond campus is hosting an information session on its Allied Health programs from 5:30-6:30 p.m. tomorrow, in Building 3, Room 306. The health programs covered will include dental assistant, massage therapy, medical assistant, pharmacy technician and veterinary technician. It is not necessary to be enrolled at COCC to attend this session. Reservations are not required.
Tuesday 8/8 A Volleyball Fundamentals camp will be held this week at the Warm Springs Youth Center on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. This is for Middle School thru High School age youth. The camp is each evening from 5:30-7pm.
The Warm Springs Back to School Barbecue is coming up on Thursday, August 29th from 4-6pm at the K-8 Academy.
Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an education award awarded for participants. There are information sessions scheduled at their Cloverdale office in Sisters. The first one will be on August 22nd. Other dates are September 5, 12, 26 or October 3 also in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at www.heartoforegon.org.
Families of incoming kindergarten students at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy need to be sure their student is enrolled for the coming school year. Registration packets are available at the School District office, 445 SE Buff Street in Madras. They need to be turned in by August 8th. Summer school for the kinders at the K8 will start August 12th. If you have questions call Heilan at 541-475-6192.