Community Calendar for Wednesday January 23, 2019
- Here is today’s Warm Springs Tribal Council Agenda: This morning is: Water Board; Cannabis Tax Rebate Agreement; and Fish & Wildlife Committee. This afternoon: IRMP III; Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Intergovernmental Agreement and By-Laws; and the Tribes’ Safety Corridor Agreement with ODOT
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: hand and cheese sandwiches, vegetable soup and dessert.
- Here are the groups and meetings scheduled for today at the Behavioral Health Center: at 11am is the Wellbriety Court group, a Women’s Group meets at 1, Anger Management at 3:30 and there is an Alcoholics Anonymous meet this evening at 7.
- There is basketball at noon today at the Community Center gym; Functional Fitness Class is at 12:10 in the aerobics room; and there’s women’s open gym tonight at 6:00. There is no PIYO class today.
- A Joint Madras City Council – County Commission meeting will be held at noon today at the County Annex Building.
- The Bend and Redmond COCC campuses are hosting “Scholarship Day,” from 1-3 pm today to help current and prospective students with financial aid options. And, COCC Bend is hosting an information session on its Allied Health programs from 5:30-6:30 pm tonight. The health programs covered will include dental assistant, massage therapy, medical assistant, pharmacy technician and veterinary technician. Reservations are not required for any of these and they are free to attend.
- Warm Springs K8 Girls Basketball has home games vs. Elton Gregory, starting at 3:30 today. K8 Wrestling will compete at JCMS at 3:30.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Range Committee meets tomorrow from 9am to noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- The 2019 Point-In-Time homeless count in Warm Springs will be done tomorrow from 9am to 7pm at the Family Resource Center. Homeless can mean living on the streets, doubling up, staying in hotels, shelters, camp trailers, tents or vehicles, temporarily staying with family or friends, being a runaway or fleeing domestic violence. There will be some small cold weather and other incentives for those who participate in the count, as well as information, free clothing, a light meal at noon and snacks throughout the day. Please spread the word to folks you know who are currently homeless.
- The Jefferson County Library’s Teen Book Club meets Thursday from 4-5pm in Library Annex. It’s free to participate and snacks are provided.
- There is no school for students this Friday – it is a Teacher Grading Day.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Friday when the boys host Molalla. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the TuneIn Radio app.
The Tribal Employment Rights Office is asking people to update their skills surveys for 2019. Skills surveys are available at TERO, located in the Ventures office in the Industrial Park and at the Tribal Personnel Department.
The Jefferson County School District Board of Directors is accepting applications for its budget committee. Applications and information are available at the District Office in Madras or online.
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter is located at the Madras Free Methodist Church from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs is accepting applications for several Board and Commission vacancies. Notices for each can be downloaded from the Tribes’ website. The deadline is February 1.
2019 Lincoln’s Powwow is February 8-10 at Simnasho Longhouse. Grand entries are at 7pm Friday, 1pm Saturday and 1:30 on Sunday.
The Warm Springs Washanaksha Cultural Coalition is seeking grant applications for 2019. Packets can be downloaded HERE. Applications close on February 11 at 5pm. FMI: Tamera Moody at the Museum at Warm Springs.