Community Calendar for Tuesday February 5, 2019
- Tribal Council will hear committee reports today. This morning will be the Fish & Wildlife, Culture & Heritage and Education committees. This afternoon is the Health & Welfare Committee Update, WS Financial Strategies, LLC Operating Agreement and an update on Clowers v. CTWS.
- Families are invited to the Simnasho Longhouse today 9:00 until 4:00 to make regalia for children and ribbon skirts. They have limited supplies so feel free to bring your own materials.
- Warm Springs fitness activities today are: Functional Fitness Class at 10:45 in the Community Center social hall; Volleyball at noon in the gym; Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and men’s open gym tonight from 6:30-8:50.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is meat loaf, roasted vegetables, mac & cheese and fruit jello. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Wellness of Warm Springs is having a winter soup kitchen today at noon at the Family Resource Center conference room. Everyone is welcome.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Warm Springs K-8 Wrestling will compete at Crook County Middle School at 3:30 today.
- Madras High School boys and girls freshman basketballs squads have games at Bend High School today at 5:30 and 7
- A Pathways Home Native Home Ownership Course will start up this evening. It will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise for 7 weeks. This course is required for anyone in the IDA Program for home ownership. Anyone interested may attend to learn about financing, purchasing and maintaining a home.
- The Jefferson County Library’s Pajama Story Time is this evening from 6-6:30 in the Rodriguez Annex. Wear your pj’s and bring your favorite blanket or stuffed animal.
- A Simnasho District meeting regarding Kah-nee-ta is this evening at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner will start at 6pm with the meeting at 7pm.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The Central Oregon Farm Fair & Trade Show is Wednesday & Thursday 9am-4:30 both days at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. It is free and open to the public.
- The Meth & Opiate Work Group will host a Tribal Council Candidates forum tomorrow at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 5:30, the forum at 6:30. All candidates for all three districts have been invited. KWSO will broadcast this forum.
- The first Little Miss Warm Springs meeting of the year is tomorrow in the Community Center Social Hall. Join Anita Davis for a session goal setting from 6-7:30pm.
- Warm Springs Head Start is having a mini powwow Thursday at 10am at the Agency Longhouse.
- Art Adventure Gallery will have an opening reception for its new exhibit “Young At Art,” celebrating Madras High School student artwork this Thursday from 5:30-7pm.
A public meeting for Jefferson County School District 509J to discuss the evaluation of current programs and plans for future educational programs will be held at 5:30pm on February 13 at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy Cafeteria. This is the District’s annual meeting specifically for Native American parents and guardians to give them the opportunity to offer comments, make recommendations and offer feedback for District programs and outcomes.
Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County in April. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Applications forms are available at the gallery or can be downloaded at www.artadventuregallery.com. Work can be dropped off the last week of March. The exhibit will open April 4th.