Community Calendar for Monday March 18, 2019
- It is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools this morning.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy is celebrating school pride this week with Spirit Week dress up days. Today is Hat Day – wear a hat, any hat will do! Tomorrow is Comfy Day, Wednesday Sporty Sports Day. Thursday is Mismatch Day. And Friday will be Eagle Spirit & School Pride Day.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, writing resumes & cover letters, and assistance with job applications. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by today between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- Warm Springs Tribal Council has two items on its agenda this morning – Hemp Code revisions and the Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund advisory committee appointments. This afternoon there will be an overview of the 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report with Stauffer & Associates.
- There is Senior Fitness Class today at 10:45am at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat a meal after – today they are having: stuffed pork rolls and carrots ‘n cashews.
- There is a Head Start Policy Council meeting today at noon at ECE.
- Today’s fitness classes are Functional fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo in the clinic atrium – both start at 12:10.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Senior Center tomorrow. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
- This Tuesday and Thursday Agency District Candidates are hosting a “Talk with the Candidates” opportunity with voters from 9:30-3:30 at the Tribal Administration Building. Everyone is invited to stop by. They will do this again next Tuesday and Thursday.
- The Jefferson County Library will have a free Family Craft Night Tuesday at 6:00 at the Rodriguez Annex. It’s open to all ages.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs Wednesday at the Victims of Crime Services office. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- The Museum at Warm Springs “Living Tradition” honoree Maxine Switzler will have a presentation of her work Wednesday at the Museum. The public is invited to stop by between 10am and 4pm as she shares about the Art of Beadwork.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is doing free tax preparation and filing by appointment until April 12th. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.
The Johnson O’Malley Committee will cover costs for caps, gowns and tassels for high school graduates. Pick up J.O.M. Request Forms from Carroll Dick at the Old Boys’ Dorm. J.O.M. Committee is also able to help with an allowance for spring sports – elementary through high school. The deadline to submit a request is April 11th.