Community Calendar for Thursday April 4, 2019
- Today is Tribal Council Election Day. Voting is taking place from 8am until 8pm at the Community Center, the Seekseequa Fire Hall and the Simnasho Longhouse.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: beef strips with brown rice, roasted mush with quinoa and peaches with cottage cheese. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- The Fish and Wildlife Committee meets today from 1-5pm at the administration building conference room 3.
- There is a Head Start graduation meeting today at 2:30 at ECE.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- Art Adventure Gallery will have an opening reception this evening for its exhibit “Explorations: Discoveries, Stories in Bronze & Oil” by Donald Stastny. It’s from 5:30-7 at the gallery located on 5th Street in Madras.
- COCC is hosting an evening of Native American flute and percussion music at Wille Hall on the Bend Campus tonight. Grammy nominees R. Carlos Nakai and Will Clipman will perform from 6-8pm. It’s free and open to the public.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church is hosting a revival today and tomorrow starting at 6:30 each evening and featuring Cherokee Evangelist Gary Leach. All are invited.
- There is no school tomorrow for 509-J students. It is a Teacher Grading Day.
- First time student workers who want to work this summer have a workshop tomorrow on Job Safety, First Aid, and Emergency Preparedness. Training is in the Emergency Management Building, 1116 Wasco Street. There are 2 sessions – 8:30 to noon and 1-4:00 – you only need to attend one. FMI: Work Experience Development Department 541-553-3324.
- The Middle Deschutes Watershed Council will be holding a highway cleanup event along Highway 26 from 10am to noon tomorrow. Anyone who wants to help can meet at the OSU Ag Research Center and pitch in.
- The Jefferson County Community Film Center will show Bohemian Rhapsody, rated PG-13, for its Friday night movie. It’s a free event at 7:30pm in the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library in Madras.
- The Jefferson County Historical Society will hold its annual dinner at 6pm this Saturday at the Senior Center in Madras. The guest speaker is Carol Leon, whose topic will be “Looking at the Museum from the Inside Out.” The cost is $45.
The 2019 Simnasho Longhouse Root Feast is this Sunday starting at 9am.