Community Calendar for Tuesday April 16, 2019
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center today. They will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal today.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is ranch pork chops, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy’s spring concert is today at 2:30.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Family Movie showing this afternoon at 4:30 in the Community Center Social Hall.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be at the Warm Springs Victims of Crime Services office. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- The Land use Planning Committee meets tomorrow at 9am in conference room at the administration building.
- Tananawit – A Community of Native Artists will hold a kickoff event this Thursday at the Museum at Warm Springs. A dinner and raffle start at 5, followed by guest speakers and an awards ceremony. It’s free but donations are welcome. There will also be some vendors.
- Warm Springs K-8 Academy will have a Kindergarten Welcome and Information Night Thursday from 5-6pm. Parents and guardians can meet school administration, tour the school, get students registered and help get them ready for the “big school.” Light refreshments and materials & books to take home will be provided.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that the Early Bird deadline is May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
There is a Student Summer Work Program for high school students and college students in Warm Springs. Applications need to be submitted to the Work Experience Development Department at Education Building. Native American students ages 14-24, who are enrolled in traditional and alternative high school are eligible – the deadline is May 23rd. College students of any age may apply and they have until June 27th. Contact the WEDD office at 541-553-3324 for details.