- Warm Springs fitness activities today are: Functional Fitness Class at 10:45 in the Community Center social hall; Volleyball at noon in the gym; Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and men’s open gym tonight from 6:30-8:50.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is vegetable turkey casserole, apple cranberry salad and bread. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- To vote in Oregon you must be 18 or older and a resident. To vote in the upcoming May 21st election , that includes 2 seats on the 509J School Board – you must be registered. Today is the deadline to register and you can do so online at KWSO dot org and click on the voter registration box. (https://kwso.org/)
- Youth ages 16–18 are being recruited to work on the Central Oregon Youth Conservation Corps Crews this summer. The deadline to apply is today. Get details and apply at heartoforegon.org.
- A five-week Financial Skills for Families Course will begin May 1st. Classes will be Wednesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Warm Springs Community Action Building. To register call 541-553-3148.
- A public meeting to learn about the Tribes’ change from recreation cannabis to hemp will take place tomorrow at 6pm at the Greeley Heights Community Building. There will also be information on the change of location and greenhouse size. All are encouraged to attend. Refreshments will be provided.
- A National Day of Prayer meeting for Warm Springs will take place this Thursday from noon until 1:00 at the Presbyterian Church.
- The first Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event of the year is this Thursday. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras Thursday May 2nd from 5-9pm.
- The 2019 Glow Fun 5K Run and 1-mile walk is this Thursday at the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center. Sign-ins start at 7:30 and the races at 8:15. Fruit, water and glow items will be provided.
- A Small Business Conference will be hosted by the Warm Springs Chamber of Commerce and Community Action Team this Saturday at the Community Center starting at 8:30 that morning. It will focus on maintaining successful businesses on the reservation. FMI: Dustin Seyler 541-553-3148.
- Mt. Hood Meadows is having its Seasons End Festival this Saturday. It’s live music on the Mt. Hood Meadows Sun Deck from 11 AM to 4 PM that day, rain or shine. There will be dancing, food, drinks and music.
Ronnie Thomas is selling raffle tickets for a chance to win one boys and one girls 26-inch bicycle. Tickets are $20 each and the drawing is on June 1st. His phone number is 541-325-2904.
Warm Springs Recreation will host the Lil’ Miss Warm Springs Pageant on Wednesday, May 22. There’s a dinner at 5pm and the pageant will follow at the Community Center.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is May 10th at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.