Community Calendar for Thursday May 2, 2019
- T-Ball families need to get their Little League registration forms turned into the Recreation Office at the Community Center for Edmund Francis so they can make teams and do schedules. Please turn in your T-Ball registration this week.
- A National Day of Prayer meeting for Warm Springs will take place today from noon until 1:00 at the Presbyterian Church for anyone interested.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- The Fish Wildlife Committee has a meeting today from 3-5pm at the Tribal Admin Building, conference room 3.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- The first Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event of the year is this evening. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras from 5-9pm. Today’s event will be a fiesta with Mexican food, entertainment and unique performing arts!
- The 2019 Glow Fun 5K Run and 1-mile walk is this evening at the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center. Sign-ins start at 7:30 and the races at 8:15. Fruit, water and glow items will be provided.
- Tananawit and the Warm Springs Community Action Team are hiring a part-time Warm Springs Outdoor Market Coordinator. The deadline to submit resumes is tomorrow. You can submit them to email@example.com or at the Community Action Team Office. Call at 541-553-3148 if you have any questions.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show the movie Black Panther, rated PG-13, for its Friday night movie. It’s free to attend. It will be shown at 7:30 in the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library.
- A Small Business Conference will be hosted by the Warm Springs Chamber of Commerce and Community Action Team on Saturday at the Community Center starting at 8:30 am. It will focus on maintaining successful businesses on the reservation. FMI: Dustin Seyler 541-553-3148.
- Hood Meadows is having its Seasons End Festival on Saturday. It’s live music on the Mt. Hood Meadows Sun Deck from 11 AM to 4 PM that day, rain or shine. There will be dancing, food, drinks and music.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who are applying for the Tribal Scholarship that the Tribal Scholarship deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
Ronnie Thomas is selling raffle tickets for a chance to win one boys and one girls 26-inch bicycle. Tickets are $20 each and the drawing is on June 1st. His phone number is 541-325-2904.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.