Funeral Arrangements for Donnie Winishut Sr.
- Dressing Monday at 3pm at the Simnasho Longhouse
- Overnight Services
- Burial at sunrise Tuesday at the Simnasho Cementary
- A Veteran’s Home Loan Workshop will be held today 10am – 3pm at the Fire Management Training Room. All Veterans are invited to learn more about opportunities for purchasing or improving a home. To learn more call 541-460-8212
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program will be available today at: Bridges High School at Westside School where breakfast is from 7:45-8:30 and lunch 12-12:30; and at the Warm Springs Youth Center, breakfast is served from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- Today’s Senior Lunch is at noon. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Today at the Behavioral Health Center there is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at noon, a Relapse Prevention group at noon, Men’s Group at 1:00, and Adult Alcohol & Drug Education class at 3:30.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- Branch of Public Utilities Staff continue to work on stabilizing the Agency Water System and during this process – there could be additional water outages. So please continue to conserve water.
- The Boil Water Order remains in effect for those on the Warm Springs Agency water system. Water distribution and showers are available at the old Warm Springs Elementary School.
- The Pi-Ume-Sha Health Fair is tomorrow from 9am to 1pm in the Community Center gym. There will be lots of health screenings, activities, demonstrations and information – plus healthy snacks and free t-shirts to participants. KWSO will be at Health Fair sand and we look forward to seeing you. We are asking folks to complete a short online survey ahead of the health fair. You can get the link by checking out today’s Community Calendar online at KWSO dot org. (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SPYDCQZ)
- A public meeting of the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District will be held tomorrow at 5:30 at the MAC. This is a chance to discuss the fiscal year 2019 budget before it is approved.
- The Warm Springs Graduation Honor Banquet for high school and higher education graduates is tomorrow at 6pm at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner will be served and family and community members are invited to honor and celebrate our graduates.
The Museum at Warm Springs will have the opening reception for its new exhibit “Resilience – The Boarding School Experience of Warm Springs and Beyond” on Thursday. That morning from 10-11:30 Phillip Cash Cash will give a presentation about Healing from Historical Trauma and the Boarding School Experience. That evening there is an opening reception from 5:30-7pm.
The 50th Annual Pi-Ume-Sha Treaty Days in Warm Springs is this weekend in Warm Springs.
- Powwow Grand Entries are at 7pm Friday Night, 1 & 7pm on Saturday & 2pm on Sunday. KWSO will broadcast live from the Powwow Grounds behind the Warm Springs Community Center.
- Pi-Ume-Sha Stick Games will be Friday through Sunday. There’s are traditional and open games Friday, a three-man tournament on Saturday and on Sunday a free kids’ tournament & free bone hog. FMI: Vanessa Crane 541-460-0105 or Alice Sampson 553-3205.
- The Annual Pi-Ume-Sha All-Indian Rodeo will start on Friday at the Warm Springs Rodeo Grounds. There’s a youth rodeo at 4pm Friday, and Slack for Saturday will follow that evening. Saturday’s show is at 1:00. Sunday slack is at 10am, and the show at 1. Admission will be $5 per person. Senior citizens and kids 6 & under are free.
- Warm Springs Recreation is putting on the Pi-Ume-Sha Fun Run on Saturday starting at the Housing office parking lot. There will be a 10k, 5k and 1-mile fun run/walk. Pre-registration is being taken now at the Community Center office. Day of registration starts at 8am, and all races start at 9.
- The Endurance Horse Race is on Saturday starting at 8am at the Warm Springs Shaker Church. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the junior and senior divisions.
- The Pi-Ume-Sha Treaty Days Horse & Traditional Parade will begin at 11am on Saturday. Traditional line-up starts at 9:30 and horse line-up begins at 10:15 in front of the old Elementary School.
- Pi-Ume-Sha Treaty Days Boxing is on Saturday at the Warm Springs Community Center. Bouts start at 1pm. Admission will be $10 adults, $5 students, $3 seniors and free for kids 7 and under. FMI: Austin Smith 541-325-2798.
- The Super Man – Wonder Woman Challenge, honoring the late Eugene “Cougar” & Norene Greene, will be held Sunday. It’s an outdoor 3.3 mile rugged terrain foot race plus a 9.3 mile bike ride on pavement. There are adult and youth open divisions. Entry is $20 and cash prizes will be awarded to top finishers in each division. Registration will start at 7am and the race starts at 8am starting at the Forestry parking lot. You are welcome to register now by texting or calling Azar Spino 541-460-3511 or Raydine Spino 541-325-1495.